Fans / Interact > Out Of The Chains That Bind You

Miles Away

(1/1)

Virgojams:
  Had a comment about Miles Away. Maybe this has been discussed already but since I have been listening to the new STP record I have always thought Miles Away has this greek sounding vibe. Most importantly wanted to comment that the song has a Scott Weiland-Lady Your Roof Brings me Down swanky vibe to it. Miles Away is the lovechild to Lady. I love that! Cheers!  8) 8) 8)

EyesOfDisarray:
I can hear a little Greek in it, and it does remind me a bit of Lady. It’s one of my favorites on Perdida. I love when they write songs like this that are a little outside their usual style. Whenever they step out of their comfort zone and try something new, they always seem to knock it out of the park. Perdida (the album) has quite a bit of that, and I love it. I hope they keep experimenting and don’t get too comfortable. While I love the Butterfly album, it was pretty “safe” overall. Contrast that with Tiny Music — the first time I heard that, after Core and Purple, was a whole mixture of emotions, like I was uncertain about this new direction but I really loved what I was hearing and the way it made me feel. It’s like a new relationship with a girl you wouldn’t usually date, but for some reason you can’t understand, you can’t stop thinking about her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version