May 18, 2024, 11:30:32 PM

Author Topic: Dean accused of abuse from wife  (Read 12289 times)

BrewerFanKing

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Dean accused of abuse from wife
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 03:56:54 PM »
It's one side of the story, could be all BS.  Divorce is ugly.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 04:02:34 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 04:46:59 PM »
It isn’t BS. There’s a lot more to the story that hasn’t been told... but none of it is in Dean’s favor.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 04:51:22 PM »
Yeah for some reason this doesn’t surprise me at all, even if only half true. I’ve always thought his particular anger towards Scott was because of projections of himself.

In her Twitter thread, she said she thought he’d stop after the #MeToo movement last October but was back at the police station with bruises come November. So there are probably pictures.

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 05:58:32 PM »
All good news of STP is quickly counteracted by bad news.  Par for the course with this band

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 06:02:34 PM »
Yeah for some reason this doesn’t surprise me at all, even if only half true. I’ve always thought his particular anger towards Scott was because of projections of himself.

In her Twitter thread, she said she thought he’d stop after the #MeToo movement last October but was back at the police station with bruises come November. So there are probably pictures.

This!  All those times Scott and Dean clashed over Scott's addiction and it seems Scott had issues with Dean's hypocrisy...he would get clean and Dean would be using.  Scott was far from innocent but he was the easiest target for a scapegoat.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 06:20:10 PM »
are we seriously turning this into a #TeamScott vs. #TeamDean thing again? You Scott defenders are unbearable. The dude was a mess for all but about 3 years of his adult life. Did other guys in the band have problems? Sure. But they showed up to the gig. They didn't get arrested. They were in a condition to perform and deliver. Scott? Almost never. I mean, RIP to the guy, he was supremely talented, my favorite singer etc etc... But STP problems were 99% related to Scott and nothing else. There's a reason the 3 other guys have always bonded together against him. He was also fired from VR and those guys all collectively looked together for a new singer. The common refrain here is that Scott was a mess. He was such a mess he eventually died from his struggles.

As far as this situation - man I really hate to see this. I'm sorry for Dean, his wife, his kids. Like someone else said you never know what % of this is true because divorce is nasty - especially when you go pubic. But if even 20% of this is true - damn. Not good. And yeah, Dean definitely has skeletons. Very sad stuff. I will say I've met him twice and he was a total sweetheart both times - so I choose to judge him on the experience of meeting him and I really hope some of this stuff isn't true because it is just unacceptable and very sad.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 06:46:37 PM »
This is gonna take some time to absorb. I hope it's not true, but it really seems unsurprising considering some of his behavior.

Whatever you want to say about Scott, he wasn't violent. To even try to compare the situations is an insult to Scott's memory (and remember, this is ME saying this.)

If all this is true, then I hope Dean gets help... but Rob, Kretz and Jeff need to seriously consider kicking him out of the band. Even if he's Rob's brother, this sort of behavior cannot be condoned on any level.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 09:28:19 PM »
I pretty much haven’t posted on here since Scott’s death, but I just have to say I find it astounding that some horrific revelations are coming out about Dean, yet there are still people on here using this as a platform to remind us that Scott had addiction issues, was a complete mess and completely fucked up the band. Forget the fact that the guitarist is potentially a freaking monster, let’s rag on Scott for having addiction issues again two and a half years after his death. Yay! All I can say is R.I.P. Scott, the more time goes on the more I realize that he wasn’t so crazy after all. Shame on anyone here using this situation as an opportunity to drag a dead mans name in the mud while defending the almighty Dean because he “doesn’t get arrested”.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 09:49:05 PM »
I pretty much haven’t posted on here since Scott’s death, but I just have to say I find it astounding that some horrific revelations are coming out about Dean, yet there are still people on here using this as a platform to remind us that Scott had addiction issues, was a complete mess and completely fucked up the band. Forget the fact that the guitarist is potentially a freaking monster, let’s rag on Scott for having addiction issues again two and a half years after his death. Yay! All I can say is R.I.P. Scott, the more time goes on the more I realize that he wasn’t so crazy after all. Shame on anyone here using this situation as an opportunity to drag a dead mans name in the mud while defending the almighty Dean because he “doesn’t get arrested”.

You're being selective with what I wrote. I did not start the comparison on this thread, someone else did. I was merely responding to it.

My second paragraph addresses Dean. Nowhere will you see me defend him. The truth is, though, he's never been arrested for domestic abuse. So this is a one sided account of what went down in a public forum where sensationalizing issues in the court of public opinion helps your case with alimony, child support and custody. Not calling Dean's ex a liar by any means, I don't know what happened, but there's no hard evidence out there to corroborate her version of the story.

So yes, we know Dean has drug history and I'm not stupid enough to think these claims are impossible. BUT in America you're innocent until proven guilty. So I am curious to see if Dean responds (or not) - either way he deserves the benefit of doubt. But to be clear I didn't turn this into a Dean vs. Scott thing. Someone else did.

And yes, like I said, if even 20% of these claims are true... Dean is kind of a monster and needs some serious help.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »
This is gonna take some time to absorb. I hope it's not true, but it really seems unsurprising considering some of his behavior.

Whatever you want to say about Scott, he wasn't violent. To even try to compare the situations is an insult to Scott's memory (and remember, this is ME saying this.)

If all this is true, then I hope Dean gets help... but Rob, Kretz and Jeff need to seriously consider kicking him out of the band. Even if he's Rob's brother, this sort of behavior cannot be condoned on any level.

Man, after Scott getting kicked out I can't even imagine Dean getting kicked out too. That would be such a gut punch after everything this band has been through. Yuck.

Good point about Scott being non violent. I agree.

You know what's weird is I remember Dean talking about Sex Type Thing and criticizing macho pigs that prey on women. I mean people are two faced but if these reports are true it's conflicting with public statements he's made on what he's stood for. I've also seen him have a temper on stage and get violent with fans though. There's video out there of that. 

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 09:59:06 PM »
sorry for back to back to back posts but I feel like I need to get this out there.

I don't want to make this a Dean vs. Scott thing. I agree with a lot of what you are saying. RIP Scott. No reason to rip on him.

This is about Dean and we should focus on that. Not compare people's problems. I shouldn't have reacted to Lazy Divey's comments and further made this about comparing. I could delete the original post but I'll leave it and apologize here. It's easy to throw stones out of a glass house. The truth is all of it is very sad.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 10:00:27 PM »
#love
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:02:45 PM by JugeSTP »

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2018, 11:09:27 PM »
Dean has always been a bit of loose cannon and he's been known to hit the self destruct button when things aren't going his way.  That being said, I'm sad to hear this is out there.  Hope he finds some help on the drinking/drugs.  Little girls need their dad.