May 11, 2024, 04:09:39 PM

Author Topic: New Scott Interview  (Read 4724 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Scott Interview
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 03:41:44 AM »
still doesn't explain his long slurred speech, or how he thinks the end of modzilla is where the guitar solo is.

Painkillers mixed with alcohol??
I realise we're speculating here but the guy looks like he's in pain.

yeah that's what i'm saying, an injured neck and broken in ears don't give you slurred speech. and if his neck injury was so bad that he had to put some sort of stimulation pad on it, how was he so loose at the next show only like 2 nights later without the slurred speech?

Sorry I meant if he does have a neck injury (the pad is attached to the back of his neck) and he's taking pain killers and drinking on top of them that would result in his slurred speech and other odd behaviour.
It could be a long shot but even on the videos from shows after this one he looks like he's having trouble moving around so that's why I was thinking it could be some sort of injury. Why he would be hiding an injury is the more puzzling thing though.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 03:49:50 AM »

Sorry I meant if he does have a neck injury (the pad is attached to the back of his neck) and he's taking pain killers and drinking on top of them that would result in his slurred speech and other odd behaviour.
It could be a long shot but even on the videos from shows after this one he looks like he's having trouble moving around so that's why I was thinking it could be some sort of injury. Why he would be hiding an injury is the more puzzling thing though.

yeah i agree with that, why would he hide the neck injury? if he took pills for the neck and drank then it would explain his speech. i still don't know why he would be so adamant that he hasn't done drugs in 13 years. he actually says that in the original youtube video from the interview, not just heroin, but drugs. maybe he doesn't count prescription drugs as drugs.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2015, 04:19:04 AM »
you will notice that the wire goes INSIDE his jacket as if its attached to a device that is in the inside pocket of his jacket

that is what in ears look like as well. they go to a device that people usually carry in their pocket.

Exactly. Wires clearly go from a wireless pack in his pocket, up his neck, and over his shoulder where his ear monitors are dangling.

Plus a tens pack contact would be a symmetrical square or rectangle of flesh colored latex with rounded corners. This is a jagged piece black tape. Clealy gaffer tape.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2015, 06:01:44 AM »
Those of you chalking his behavior up to anything other than being doped up out of his mind must have never seen anyone in their lives like this. It's the only explanation for how you would ignore what is so clearly obvious. Or it's just serious, chronic denial. This is EXACTLY how someone acts when they've taken too many painkillers or anti-depressants and/or paired them with booze. I'm sorry if it's hard for people to hear but I am absolutely positive this is what's going on. I've seen it too many times.

Just listen to him at the end, when the interviewer, who I will admit is terrible and makes an awkward situation even worse, thanks him for unexpectedly speaking to him... "I'mprooo"

I don't disagree with you but I do think he's completely different in this interview than he was at that Texas show.  Yes, the similarity is he looks spaced out at both, but in this interview he is way more with it than he was at that show.  Not appearing to be in good shape by any means, but he was at least able to semi-function.  In this interview he looks spaced on the outside but you can tell that the gears are actually turning in his mind.  He definitely can put sentences together and answers the questions and is smart enough to even stick it to the interviewer with one of his comments. 

That Texas performance was very different to me.  There he was an absolute zombie.  The lights weren't on upstairs, no one was home.  He looked empty, like a shell.  When the post about that topic came out I watched a few of the clips and came to the conclusion that in my opinion, just from having spent time around people who were in that state, that this man drank alcohol and possibly took a xanax or something else like it.  I know what I'm looking at there.

He was way more with it in this interview. 

I see some posts here speaking of potential injury. While I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility, I doubt he'd hide a legit injury cause that would have been the perfect excuse for the Texas performance amongst other things I'm sure.

Instead we got the excuse about in ear monitors which as of this interview he is still running with like a kid with scissors. 

Where he's right is that monitors DO help when singing.  There definitely is a difference when you have good constant point of reference, which is what monitors provide; a constant point of reference.  However a lack of good monitors shouldn't make such a drastic difference as to what we saw in that one particular show. 

There are certain notes in your range that when you sing you can really feel in your chest/throat and you kind of lock in and know you're hitting them right whether you can hear yourself or not. I call them "sweet spots". You use those notes to gauge how high or low you have to go to try and hit other notes correctly.  If you have ever played a show at a place with a shitty PA system you know this to be true. 

In Scott's case, when someone sings certain songs professionally for over 20 years believe me, they definitely have sweet spots in the songs where they can just feel if they're on that they can use to at least semi-gauge how to attempt to hit other notes correctly. 

I posted this in another topic the other day to back up my claim and I'll do it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5XzZCfBLVI

The first few seconds of this video show him taking out his in ear monitor and then you can clearly see it dangling on his shoulder.  (you can see it dangling most clearly at about 45 seconds in) He sings a song he'd been singing for 20 years just fine without it.  He's a pro.

I'm side tracking now, but my main point is while I do agree with Slither I also think we are witnessing 2 totally different levels of things between Texas and this interview.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2015, 06:57:36 AM »
LOL ..That actually wasn't too bad. Awkward, yes, but we've certainly seen worst.
If you only knew..

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2015, 07:27:51 AM »
I sent this link to Scott's manager and a link to this discussion. Someone needs to help him I'm legitimately scared, as you should all be... The manager by the way read all my messages again but didn't respond...

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2015, 08:18:04 AM »
It wasn't bad. This has been the norm for awhile.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2015, 12:53:42 PM »
It wasn't bad. This has been the norm for awhile.

It is mind blowing that people are using this as an attempt to condone what we're seeing. The fact that this has become a trend should be a cause for concern not an excuse for why it's ok.

Plus, he hasn't always been THIS bad. He was "better" for awhile. Ever since Jeremy's death it seems he's regressed back to the way he was during the time around that Alan cross interview when he was debuting his English laundry clothing line and practically fell asleep while the models were showcasing his line - http://youtu.be/zgvYqkTRR7o
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:56:32 PM by Slither »
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2015, 02:11:20 PM »
He's obviously lit like bic. There's no disputing it. The question I have is this - How can his handlers, whoever is responsible for setting these interviews up, allow him to get in front of a mic in the state he's in? He's a freaking zombie. He's a spaced out, empty zombie. That's the hard, difficult truth. I'm embarrassed FOR HIM. He's gotta get help and cleaned up.  Blaming the guy interviewing him is kind of pointless.
Werd to Big Berd!

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »
And it shouldn't be accepted as the "norm", by the way.
Werd to Big Berd!

Elvis

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2015, 02:29:48 PM »
He never exhales that that drag he took off his cigarette.  Awesome.  He was kind of a dick to that interviewer but the guy was an idiot and unprepared.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2015, 03:48:02 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but the way I interpreted the scenario is the interviewer wasn't even expecting to interview them.  Based on something he said I took it as Scott just showed up to the tent unannounced. 

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2015, 04:03:47 PM »
Those of you chalking his behavior up to anything other than being doped up out of his mind must have never seen anyone in their lives like this. It's the only explanation for how you would ignore what is so clearly obvious. Or it's just serious, chronic denial. This is EXACTLY how someone acts when they've taken too many painkillers or anti-depressants and/or paired them with booze. I'm sorry if it's hard for people to hear but I am absolutely positive this is what's going on. I've seen it too many times.

Just listen to him at the end, when the interviewer, who I will admit is terrible and makes an awkward situation even worse, thanks him for unexpectedly speaking to him... "I'mprooo"

Slither is right on with this assessment.  The man can barely move his lips to get the words out.  Booze with benzos or even high dose antidepressants by themselves can do this to people.  No point in speculating what chemicals or combination of such is causing this, but I can only hope that it's something prescribed by a doctor for whatever he's going through right now.  He was like this for a long time when Doug Grean was still in the picture but did clean up a bit in the promotion for Blaster.  I've seen him like this at more than one show unfortunately, but he was extremely coherent at the last couple I was at.  Jeremy's passing must have pushed him over the edge, but we can only hope he can pull himself together again and get back on track.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2015, 05:32:26 PM »
I finally watched this. And yeah, he's definitely hurting, but I just wanted to chime in with my $0.02 about that interviewer and how awful he was. Good grief! The "asshole media" moment was very uncomfortable but I love that Scott said it as he looked his way.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2015, 08:11:43 PM »
I love Scott, I think the man needs some serious time off the road to get some rest.