May 11, 2024, 10:07:39 AM

Author Topic: A letter from Mary.  (Read 25350 times)

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A letter from Mary.
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2015, 08:54:44 AM »
Mary came off really tacky there.  Basically trashing a dead man that can't defend himself. I had already lost respect for her when she released that book (that I refused to read). I could further bash her but she is not worth the time. We all know Scott was not perfect but she basically used this as another opportunity to exploit a bunch of personal info about him. I only cared about his music and his well being, not his private life. I also believe that the divorce (from her cheating) and alimony and child support are what lead to Scott's nonstop touring that eventually lead to his demise.

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2015, 08:58:42 AM »
While I think emotions can run high on this forum as we all loved Scott, I think there are some in denial here about his actions. No doubt, Scott loved Mary and his children (and vice versa). But the man also had been in a fog for a few years now too...I'm sure there's another side to it, but I don't doubt the things Mary has said. Scott dug himself deeper and deeper down a hole with alcohol and whatever else (if anything) he was abusing. There's so much contradictory information coming out right now (Mary, Scott wanting VR to reunite, coke found on bus, etc.) it's hard to form a strong opinion. No matter how much Scott WANTED to be there, his addiction and bad desires found a way to prevent him from doing that. It's not Mary's fault that's for sure. And maybe she moved away with the kids because he drove her away? Maybe she felt like she needed to so she could distance herself from his inevitable fate (in hindsight). Not saying that's the case, but one should consider all options, no matter how hard it is b/c of the loss of Scott, who we all love and respect and want to think of in the best light. But he was a human being - and we all have flaws and make mistakes. And a human being with anything but clarity in his head the last few years...

And after all, while she may sound angry, she has every right to be. How can people be so shortsighted to all of a sudden call this woman evil and bitter? It may seem like the wrong timing to post this in some of our minds - we're all sensitive to the loss of Scott - but in the end, NONE of us knew him like she did. For god's sake they were married and in love for many years and she's the mother of his children! Besides, with all the enabling and ass-kissing that was happening in his life in the last couple years, maybe it's a good thing she posted this in the fashion she did. Yes, maybe it's unfair to Scott and a little angry in tone, but imagine how she feels right now...I'm sure anger, amongst many other emotions, is going through her head.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2015, 09:01:17 AM »
& “great choice” to teach your children how to say goodbye to their Father…

I agree - she's teaching them to be bitter and regretful for HER decisions. I think she made it difficult for him and we all see that when things got too difficult for Scott he ran away from it by taking comfort in other (unhealthy) things. She, of all people, should have known that.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2015, 09:12:25 AM »
But he was a human being - and we all have flaws and make mistakes. And a human being with anything but clarity in his head the last few years...

All the more reason she should have been more sensitive at this time. He was sick, in more ways that one. He was always unstable and difficult, even his best friends ended up 'leaving' him. I think we all know that he was an asshole at times, and unbearable for most of the time. None of us see him through rose tinted glasses. But the fact that he was sick and lost in especially the last years is all the more reason that Mary should have been more tactful. At the end of the day, anyone reading this letter from the exwife is going to go away with the final impression of Scott as a deadbeat, uncaring father who didn't support his kids when he found a 'new, shiny' family. Is that the message she really needs to give and the final impression that she has just created?
I agree with you - it's sad and confusing and none of us know how difficult it really was for everyone involved, but it's not fair to cement the deadbeat father image after the death of someone who was very obviously mentally ill in his final years.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:14:11 AM by Aylin »
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2015, 09:36:32 AM »
Wow, 4 days after his death she writes this?! Stay classy Mary...
As others have said even if this is true the timing of it is distasteful and she should have been saying this when he was alive to give his side of the story on this, the fact that she wasn't does make me question some of these allegations.
Also I read Scott's autobiography for the second time just a few days prior to his death and remember him saying "Mary still takes an interest in my career though, always has and always will (ka ching)", I get the impression she's fond of using his talent and stardom to make HER money... She was the one pushing for him to join VR when at the start he wasn't really interested, she released an autobiography which she used his name to sell, she mentions said autobiography again in this statement and will likely write another or sell more story's to Rolling Stone etc.
I'm not saying all her claims are false and that Scott was the perfect father but she certainly was no angel either from what Scott did tell us while he was alive in his autobiography (violent, unpredictable, burning his clothes etc) and I definitely think she has a burning passion for money.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:38:13 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2015, 10:16:07 AM »
I have a feeling this whole thing is going to get very ugly for awhile.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Navarre

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2015, 10:34:23 AM »
Real classy and hurtful. Perfect timing.  >:( I know he wasn't perfect but this is just harsh. I think there's 3 sides to this. Hers, his and the truth. We will probably never find out the other two. And how could anyone glorify his death? There's nothing glorious about it.
This makes no sense. "the last day he could be propped up in front of a microphone for the financial benefit or enjoyment of others." Yeah, who might that be that he was forced to tour constantly .....

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »
Real classy and hurtful. Perfect timing.  >:( I know he wasn't perfect but this is just harsh. I think there's 3 sides to this. Hers, his and the truth. We will probably never find out the other two. And how could anyone glorify his death? There's nothing glorious about it.
This makes no sense. "the last day he could be propped up in front of a microphone for the financial benefit or enjoyment of others." Yeah, who might that be that he was forced to tour constantly .....

If defense of Mary's point, had Scott been sober, everybody in rock would have wanted to play with him.  He'd likely be fronting STP and Velvet Revolver simultaneously right now like a Maynard James Keenan if he'd ever actually gotten sober.  If that was his situation, he'd be getting paid huge money for limited touring, so even if he had massive child support he'd be okay.  Scott's addiction though alienated all of his former bandmates.  Read the tributes that have come out, especially from the Velvet Revolver guys, and you'll be able to tell that they would love to be playing with the guy if he was alive and sober right now.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2015, 10:41:53 AM »
One point is that, though there are two sides to a story, and whether Mary truly wants to capitalize monetarily off Scott (still), isn't it odd the last part of her letter is basically condemning making profit of someone in death, and using that money to better the well being of a family?

"Let's choose to make this the first time we don't glorify this tragedy with talk of rock and roll and the demons that, by the way, don't have to come with it. Skip the depressing T-shirt with 1967-2015 on it – use the money to take a kid to a ballgame or out for ice cream."

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2015, 11:03:15 AM »
I have a feeling this whole thing is going to get very ugly for awhile.

It's going to remain ugly for a long time to co. But it didn't have to, if they simply kept their private lives, just as such, PRIVATE. This was her opportunity to take the high road and say nothing, the world knows her and Scott's past. It was best to just...simply say nothing. As I said earlier, it's hard to sympathize when you base the entire letter to... Pretty much, throw jabs at ones beliefs, and another's wife or to kick a person when they're down, all for the sake of attention. All Mary did here was open pandora's box, to further push her book of hate towards Scott and to toss some high-levels of shade at Jamie Weiland, and she did it way too soon. If Mary was so concerned with Scott's well being, ohhhhh I don't know, perhaps she could've tried something... ANYTHING... Sooner.

Like... When he was alive, for starters. But no, she waited until he was gone... To get her last word in. It's all about controversy in the media world, controversy creates cash. So, why create controversy? To create or generate more cash. Which is why she plugged her book.

Ka-ching.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:04:55 AM by justbill »
-Bill_

Navarre

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »
If defense of Mary's point, had Scott been sober, everybody in rock would have wanted to play with him.  He'd likely be fronting STP and Velvet Revolver simultaneously right now like a Maynard James Keenan if he'd ever actually gotten sober.  If that was his situation, he'd be getting paid huge money for limited touring, so even if he had massive child support he'd be okay.  Scott's addiction though alienated all of his former bandmates.  Read the tributes that have come out, especially from the Velvet Revolver guys, and you'll be able to tell that they would love to be playing with the guy if he was alive and sober right now.

@Brett, I completely agree on that. Things would have been easier if he had, but I don't think he felt he could. I have read & listened to most that has come out from his former bandmates. And I wish he did clean up his act. That he stopped drinking and cut back on meds. I know he was a mess in the last years and  I didn't want to see him like that. When they had announced the european tour to support Blaster I had my doubts already. I saw that he was supposed to play in De Melkweg in Amsterdam. All I thought was, "I don't know, I don't want to see him like this." I'd rather have the memories of seeing him live with VR years ago when he was kicking ass. To be honest I was relieved they cancelled due to poor ticket sales.
I had hoped he would take a long break, get well and geared up with STP and/or VR again.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:13:25 AM by Navarre »

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2015, 11:19:38 AM »
Guys, you really don't need to feel guilty about buying his records and going to his concerts. Nor do you need to pass judgment on Scott, Mary, or anybody else. The truth is unreachable, and those left behind are naturally distraught, it's not up to us to criticise or accept one person's account over another, because the only truth is that we don't and never will know the truth.

This isn't your situation, you are just consumers. Nothing any of you did, or didn't, or could have done, would have made any difference. Just enjoy what he gave you.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:21:09 AM by Pingfah »

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2015, 12:37:24 PM »
Guys, you really don't need to feel guilty about buying his records and going to his concerts. Nor do you need to pass judgment on Scott, Mary, or anybody else. The truth is unreachable, and those left behind are naturally distraught, it's not up to us to criticise or accept one person's account over another, because the only truth is that we don't and never will know the truth.

This isn't your situation, you are just consumers. Nothing any of you did, or didn't, or could have done, would have made any difference. Just enjoy what he gave you.

Agreed, plus his money will be going to his kids anyway.  There's more than Mary's side to this story.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2015, 01:30:55 PM »
Fucking hell...

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2015, 02:28:28 PM »
Blows me away that some people are still putting him on a throne. Sadly I believe everything she wrote. Some are enabling him even after death.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'