May 12, 2024, 06:33:01 AM

Author Topic: Scott adopts a dog  (Read 4504 times)

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
Scott adopts a dog
« on: January 27, 2013, 08:05:37 PM »

Came across this and thought it was very sweet.

Bill Foundation

EXCITING HAPPY TAIL!!!
Remember ORPHEUS, the Hermaphroditic Pitbull mix Eldad rescued for us from Compton? Well, I just got back from bringing him to his FOREVER HOME !!!
Mom is a past Bill Foundation adopter and great supporter of us. There's nothing we LOVE more than when past adopters come back for a 2nd, 3rd OR 4th dog ♥♥♥
And Dad is Scott Weiland, the frontman for STONE TEMPLE PILOTS :-)
They came to adoptions last Sunday and it was love at first sight with Orpheus. Orpheus fell madly in love with them as well and was instantly showing off his snuggly side.
Congrats Orpheus! We couldn't have asked for a better family for you!
xo
Annie
Don't forget to vote for us in the Animal Rescue Site Shelter Challenge! Here's the info you need. (Remember to vote daily!)
Bill Foundation Located in Beverly Hills, CA
http://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3[/size][/font]
[/size][/color]
[/size]
[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=62938699&l=98ca723c8c&id=235158409909744
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Scott adopts a dog
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:17:28 PM »
He seems happy.

Maybe STP isn't the best place for him, mentally. He just needs to kick back and get away from the spotlight and spend quality time with his new family.

EDIT: But holy crap did he age over the past few months.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 08:48:09 PM »
Very cool.  He does look happy, I'm glad.  I hope he's in a good place. 

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:07:21 PM »
That photo is so sweet, they all look so happy! :) It's really nice that they adopted a dog together...hopefully 3rd time will be the charmed for Scott!

I read in the comments that someone said that Scott was on the Dave McMahon radio show...does anybody know anything about this?
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »
Scott's fiancee seems like a nice lady, definitely better for him than Paz.  Hope she can make him happy and healthy.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 11:58:06 PM »
its just the grey beard that makes him look older, he still looks good.
I can drown your sorrow"

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 07:02:21 AM »
His new fiancée looks very nice, happy for him. But yeah I agree, he looks happy, but very aged...must have been all the drinking catching up with him from the past few years, hopefully he's doing better and can get himself into healthier physical shape

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 09:45:29 AM »
        Yes, he looks very happy and looks great. Cute dog. I don't think some people realize this but he's not 25 anymore. He's 45. So I think he looks about his age. If there is gray hair on his face you can't really be too surprised. It's called getting older people! He seems to be doing fine and that's all that matters!  ;)

8)

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 09:50:37 AM »
He looks like a man of his age.
Seems like you left me when you broke down

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 09:42:29 PM »
Yeah its just the grey-ish beard, I'm glad he isn't more into the whole LA scene of plastic faces and botox.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 12:31:19 AM »
Always good to see Scooter smiling - but what an irresponsible and poor choice for someone with children. Every pit bull "depends on the way its raised" - until one of those well-raised pits rips some little kids face off. I have had much experience with this breed and they are dangerous, unpredictable, and extremely protective of a single-owner. That spells disaster for someone with little ones.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 01:47:54 PM »
Here is a link to Orpeus' story and what he went through before being adopted by Scott.

http://www.dogtipper.com/blog/2013/01/scott-weiland-adopts-pit-bull-from-the-bill-foundation.html
I can drown your sorrow"

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »
Always good to see Scooter smiling - but what an irresponsible and poor choice for someone with children. Every pit bull "depends on the way its raised" - until one of those well-raised pits rips some little kids face off. I have had much experience with this breed and they are dangerous, unpredictable, and extremely protective of a single-owner. That spells disaster for someone with little ones.

First of all, great for Scott!  He's finally found a real woman after Mary. 

His kids aren't really that young anymore.  And it's true, if you raise a dog correctly by giving it plenty of love and discipline no dog is too much to handle.  A major reason pit bulls get such a bad rap is because they are a very popular breed among thugs who really don't give a shit about the dog and don't raise it correctly.  Another reason why they get a bad rap is that they are sometimes inbred and it messes with their brain.  I don't think this dog fits either of the two cases, tbh.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »

Really? I have a lot of experience with pits as well and that's nothing like what I've seen from them. Pits get a bad rap because idiots like michael vick raise them to be killers but the 99% that aren't are perfectly lovable dogs. My brother in law has 2 and they're both completely tame and well-behaved animals. I'm actually thinking of getting one for myself later on in life.

EDIT: Didn't mean to pile on. Looks like DeadAndNotForSale got his post in just before I did. I agree with pretty much everything he said though
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:55:20 PM by Slither »
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 03:02:15 AM »
Is this news?
I honestly wish all celebrities did this. I don't care about your overdose, and how many people you killed and all your VD. I wanna know about painting your living and picnics you go on and your new dog.
The world would be much happier.
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it