May 19, 2024, 04:48:44 AM

Author Topic: Six months later  (Read 5757 times)

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Six months later
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:23:48 PM »
Today marks 6 months since that awful day.
How's everyone doing?
I still have some occasional empty moments, but coming here has helped.

I keep thinking/wondering where everything would be right now with the new band possibly working on a new album. The whole STP singer situation. It still gets to me.

Anyway, just wanted to vent a little.

STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Six months later
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 02:41:07 PM »
Wherever Scott is hopefully he was able to find some peace. Looking back at 2015, what an absolute depressing year. Almost every video posted on youtube from last year you can obviously see an addict in a lot of pain. I think after losing Jeremy he just completely gave up and was waiting for the inevitable.

It's really to bad, by no means was he mirroring the old Scott but 2014 provided some hope as he seemed much more lively/optimistic/somewhat sober at least judging from live performances and interviews from then.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:43:54 PM by Drew06 »

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 03:56:53 PM »
How's everyone doing?

I keep thinking/wondering where everything would be right now with the new band possibly working on a new album. The whole STP singer situation. It still gets to me.

Has there been any news about the new vocalist for STP?

This process is sure dragging itself out.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »
How's everyone doing?

Brett posted a piece in which Kretz said it's slow going.

http://www.alternativenation.net/stone-temple-pilots-singer-search-reportedly-going-slow/
“I actually bumped into Eric in the city when he was doing that Late Night thing. He said the singer search was going really slow and he didn’t appear to be at all enthusiastic about it getting done any time soon.”

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 04:18:41 PM »
How's everyone doing?

Brett posted a piece in which Kretz said it's slow going.

http://www.alternativenation.net/stone-temple-pilots-singer-search-reportedly-going-slow/
“I actually bumped into Eric in the city when he was doing that Late Night thing. He said the singer search was going really slow and he didn’t appear to be at all enthusiastic about it getting done any time soon.”

Well, that's some shitty news.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 04:27:01 PM »
^^^ On that topic... I wonder if we'd have had a CheSTP full length by now. I know LP is knee deep in making their new album, but last year's summer touring definitely got in the way of finishing recordings. Then again, if Chester had already let them know he wasn't staying, they probably toured to take advantage of the short time they had left.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »
It really still sucks when I realize Scott is no longer around. It's really strange with his lose... It's almost like subconsciously I start to think like... Scott is just on a much needed break from music all together,
And it will just be a little while before we hear or see him doing his thing again... but then I have to run it through my mind that no, December of last year was a real thing...

I know that is probably strange and all, but it's just a thought process I seem to keep going through.

I honestly just hope the best for his family members and children left behind. I feel bad when I talk about his lose because I only know of the entertainer and tremendously amazing artist Scott was... All those people lost something truly near and dear in their hearts in a different way.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 04:42:52 PM »

I hope they move on and just preserve what they had. If i hear anything ya'll will be the first to know. Right now i am sure they are just overwhelmed with the thought of breaking in a new singer when they had so many endearing years with Scott. I too am sorry for their loss. Scott had great years and i would like to see them preserve that, but you never know.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 05:06:06 PM »

I hope they move on and just preserve what they had. If i hear anything ya'll will be the first to know. Right now i am sure they are just overwhelmed with the thought of breaking in a new singer when they had so many endearing years with Scott. I too am sorry for their loss. Scott had great years and i would like to see them preserve that, but you never know.

If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Sources

• Ground Personnel
  • Melancholy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 08:29:11 PM »
Damn...6 months already? I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot of people when saying that I found myself exploring musically and listening to some different genres before Scott's death, but for the last six months I've been listening to nothing but nostalgic 90's tunes. Its so weird knowing Kurt/Layne/Scott are all gone, yet their lyrics from decades ago still feel so relevant. Scott's death to me pretty much triggered an immediate mix of a mid-life crisis with an existential crisis. How is he suddenly gone? Did part of my childhood just die? 6 months later, I've dealt with those. But I'm still stuck in this state of perpetual nostalgia, and now I'm just exploring some lesser known 90's music rather than exploring current genres like I was before.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 08:49:31 PM »
Had one of 'em "Damn Scott", not in an angry way listening to one his tunes the other day.

Looks like the StP singer search is going as well as VRs search
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

I-want-a-time-machine

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 10:42:21 PM »
Damn...6 months already? I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot of people when saying that I found myself exploring musically and listening to some different genres before Scott's death, but for the last six months I've been listening to nothing but nostalgic 90's tunes. Its so weird knowing Kurt/Layne/Scott are all gone, yet their lyrics from decades ago still feel so relevant. Scott's death to me pretty much triggered an immediate mix of a mid-life crisis with an existential crisis. How is he suddenly gone? Did part of my childhood just die? 6 months later, I've dealt with those. But I'm still stuck in this state of perpetual nostalgia, and now I'm just exploring some lesser known 90's music rather than exploring current genres like I was before.

Wow, I feel exactly the same... :'(
half the art school girl she used to be...

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 12:34:22 AM »
Six months later I am still  struck  with a profound sense of loss, anger and sadness . Watching Scott spiral lower and lower his last few years was like watching a slow motion car accident . I thought that someone in his life would hold an intervention, or something to stop his decline , but apparently those close to him were either part of the problem, or too naive to realize the gravity of the situation . Hope he is finally at peace .

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 01:15:37 AM »
It's hard for me to believe six months is all it's been... He seemed a shell of himself for so long, and his downfall was so prolonged, sometimes I catch myself thinking he's been dead for years.

I wish I could say I still felt devastated. But really what I feel is just a profound sense of disappointment. He could have turned everything around if he chose to, he just chose not to.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:19:23 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 01:43:52 AM »
It's hard for me to believe six months is all it's been... He seemed a shell of himself for so long, and his downfall was so prolonged, sometimes I catch myself thinking he's been dead for years.

I wish I could say I still felt devastated. But really what I feel is just a profound sense of disappointment. He could have turned everything around if he chose to, he just chose not to.

That's the saddest part.  As brutal as his downward spiral was and and as much as I was always prepared to read about his death, he could have said 'fuck this' at any time and gotten his shit together.  It seemed like he'd given up though unfortunately, but as a fan I never gave up on him.  That's why I was so critical.  But yeah, his death still affects me.

6 months later the night I interviewed him still haunts me.  I wish I could have said something that would have at least helped me understand why the man in front of me had become a complete broken shell of himself, just something to see the passion that made him my favorite singer come back into his eyes.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11