May 15, 2024, 04:22:31 AM

Author Topic: New int. regarding Core reissue  (Read 3332 times)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New int. regarding Core reissue
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 07:53:08 PM »
I was just coming here for this.

On topic of the future...
Sounds to me like they don't have their guy yet. It makes sense with the forthcoming anniversary set. They can focus on that.

On one hand, I would love new music from the Deleos/Kretz, but with both Scott and now Chester gone, (and nobody "worthy" in the picture), maybe there's a change of heart. If so, I've made my peace with that possibility.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 01:00:57 AM »
I was just coming here for this.

On topic of the future...
Sounds to me like they don't have their guy yet. It makes sense with the forthcoming anniversary set. They can focus on that.

On one hand, I would love new music from the Deleos/Kretz, but with both Scott and now Chester gone, (and nobody "worthy" in the picture), maybe there's a change of heart. If so, I've made my peace with that possibility.
I'd agree. I'm not hoping for a new incarnation of STP anymore, so much as I want music from this particular bunch of talented people. Which, alas, still may not happen. Saw that Delta Deep has been working on new stuff this summer, so that's at least a little something in terms of what Robert is doing.

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 08:39:46 AM »
Just my 2 cents... for what STP requires, it takes time to gel with the group. Doesn't mean because you are in the first round draft that means you can make the team the champion.  All great things come with spending time with each other collectively. I mean, even if say Scott did not die, but had to clean up his act and had to relearn his grooves if a reunion was in place, it would necessitate playing much with the band in closed doors and hanging out to gather inspiration.  Just like how Frusciante had to relearn his parts while sobering up with RHCP.  Let alone a new lead singer. 

Logistically, that is something that has to be prepared for.

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 03:18:00 PM »
Are you planning to do anniversary packages like this for STP's other albums?
DeLeo: Absolutely. I think they deserve that. There's so many demos, and the bare bones of how some of these songs came together musically. I've got so much stuff that I saved, and I think it's gonna be fun going through one of the best musical parts of my life, that decade. It's all about there in my garage, and it's going to be interesting going through that.

This makes me really happy. I'd love to see what kind of stuff he's got in his garage from the other eras.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 08:33:56 PM »
If they haven't found the singer they want for STP, maybe it's time for a AOA album.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 04:28:03 AM »
If they haven't found the singer they want for STP, maybe it's time for a AOA album.

Not sure what Korns plans are. If this touring cycle wraps up soon that would free up Ray.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 02:58:53 PM »

Not sure what Korns plans are. If this touring cycle wraps up soon that would free up Ray.

That'll be nice for him, he'll get to stop looking like a dickhead for an album cycle.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 09:29:49 PM »

Honestly, I would just rather they replace him with Kretz. Luzier's bombastic drumming is easily the weakest part of AoA.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 10:39:07 PM »
Luzier is a moron and Patrick is a horrible vocalist. I'll pass.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 03:48:44 AM »

Honestly, I would just rather they replace him with Kretz. Luzier's bombastic drumming is easily the weakest part of AoA.

If anyone replaces Kretz it will be Paul.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 02:29:57 PM »
Yeah, Luzier is a technically good drummer, but he walks all over the tracks on the AoA album. I mean, Goodbye is just ridiculous. Eric is maybe not as capable as him, but he's got way better taste, which is more important than being able to play crazy fills..

I don't think they'll do that though, it's too close to just making Patrick the new STP singer, which I don't think anybody wants.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 08:49:41 PM »
Eric is maybe not as capable as him, but he's got way better taste, which is more important than being able to play crazy fills..

Completely disagree. Luzier is faster, but faster does not equal better. He really struggled trying to get his head around Kretz' part when he filled in for STP back in '08. I'd say personally I think drumming like in Lounge Fly or Still Remains takes more skill than Luzier's bombastic style.

They went with Luzier because they wanted to separate themselves from STP. I don't think they necessarily feel as strongly about that anymore. I think at this point they should be okay with the three of them releasing an album under a different name, so long as it's a side project to them trying to continue STP.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:51:22 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 09:04:19 PM »
I'm not sure how you're disagreeing. my whole point was that Eric is a better drummer, he just doesn't play crazy fast fills, which is what you just said... I most certainly did not say Luzier is "better" because that would be fucking ridiculous.

Eric is a great drummer, because he knows exactly what to play, and when. There is no more important a quality in a rhythm section member.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 09:13:29 PM by Pingfah »

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »
Eric is maybe not as capable as him, but he's got way better taste, which is more important than being able to play crazy fills..

Completely disagree. Luzier is faster, but faster does not equal better. He really struggled trying to get his head around Kretz' part when he filled in for STP back in '08. I'd say personally I think drumming like in Lounge Fly or Still Remains takes more skill than Luzier's bombastic style.

They went with Luzier because they wanted to separate themselves from STP. I don't think they necessarily feel as strongly about that anymore. I think at this point they should be okay with the three of them releasing an album under a different name, so long as it's a side project to them trying to continue STP.

There was an interview with Luzier (which I can't find) but he does admit to this. He said something about how Kretz's style is foreign to him and had a hard time laying back in the beat, like on Dead and Bloated