Author Topic: Fame  (Read 9238 times)

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Fame
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 11:52:48 PM »
in my own cd i dont have this song, i hated this
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 08:43:21 AM »
It does sound completely out of place on the album complete with it's Oakenfold beats but it's not a bad cover, just a bit of a boring song really, doesn't really go anywhere. I'd have liked to have heard Scott do 'Moonage Daydream', I think his voice would really suit that one, Bowie has much better songs than 'Fame'.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 11:00:55 AM »
Quote from: "CagedTiger"
It does sound completely out of place on the album complete with it's Oakenfold beats but it's not a bad cover, just a bit of a boring song really, doesn't really go anywhere. I'd have liked to have heard Scott do 'Moonage Daydream', I think his voice would really suit that one, Bowie has much better songs than 'Fame'.

I totally agree, there are better Bowie covers to be done...  kinda hoped he would have done TVC15, especially after he started singing it a few times during 'Sour Girl' on this last STP tour.  But I kinda feel like he already had the vocals from Fame sitting around from when he did that Chris Bohn feat Scott Weiland - Fame (Back Of The Limo).mp3 version.  So it was just an easy edit for the album.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »
I kinda think it's out of place also, but some of the album is disjointed in spots but its nice to see him branching out.. Scott and Beck should work together and experiment on some songs.  8)  
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

lunacy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lunacy__
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 05:03:05 PM »
i never liked fame that much in the first place.
but at least Scott didn't fuck it up completely.
he can do bowie songs, but i've rather heared a different bowie song, not sure which one though XD

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 05:26:17 PM »
Although this is one of my favorite songs on the CD I thought I have heard the beat before so I did some digging and to my surprise I found the song that sounds pretty damn close to it. Name of CD: The Aftermath
Group: RC
Song: Fame
So take a listen and let me no what you think and remember the music not the singing.
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 01:55:38 AM »
I have never heard the original but i like the remake..It sounds like it could be weiland original
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 02:09:35 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
I have never heard the original but i like the remake..It sounds like it could be weiland original
It sounds like to me in the beginning of the song that there is a chance when we see him live that there may be a bullhorn that can be involved. But that's just me.
 ;)
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 04:21:38 PM »
Being a HUGE fan of Bowie, i was really excited to hear that Scott was covering Fame on the new album. It was the first song i played when i received my advance copy. I was VERY disappointed. He has done such a wonderful job in the past covering Bowie (Andy Warhol, Ashes To Ashes). He failed with this one. Like others have stated, he had such a huge library of Bowie songs to choose from. To fit Scott's style of production and the vibe of Happy In Galoshes...he should have gone with songs like 'Aladdin Sane', 'Life On Mars?', 'Oh, You Pretty Things', 'Quicksand', 'Drive-In Saturday' or 'Lady Grinning Soul'. I am a fan of Bowie and Lennons 'Fame'...but, Scott should have done something differant.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=louXPUW7tHU

This would have been a great song to cover!
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 01:20:43 AM »
I like it okay, but really this is one to skip.  Why not include something original as opposed to this and it doesn't fit the style of the record all that well.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 01:41:05 AM »
I would really like to see Scott do a cover of this Bowie tune, I think it would suit his style perfectly and wouldn't have been so out of place on 'Happy'.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IKuv0kzPP_U
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 01:48:22 AM »
Quote from: "CREEP2"
Although this is one of my favorite songs on the CD I thought I have heard the beat before so I did some digging and to my surprise I found the song that sounds pretty damn close to it. Name of CD: The Aftermath
Group: RC
Song: Fame
So take a listen and let me no what you think and remember the music not the singing.

It's a hip hop cover of the song. I just checked it out on iTunes, and the preview was kinda weird, and then you hear "what you like is in the limo"
Bleeda blooda

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 04:18:27 AM »
After a few listens to the song...it's not that bad, but it is still very out of place on this album.

I really dislike the "diddy diddy ding dong" part in the middle of the song.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 05:31:05 PM »
I would definitely have preferred another Scott original instead of "Fame". The song is just ok. He does a great Bowie voice though. I just would have rather not have it on there.
it's the inclusion of songs like this and "Be Not Afraid" that really make me happy to hear that this is a double album (or bonus disc/deluxe)
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19