May 15, 2024, 10:40:41 AM

Author Topic: Problems with Happy "Deluxe Edition" Free T-Shirts  (Read 24753 times)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Problems with Happy "Deluxe Edition" Free T-Shirts
« on: November 05, 2008, 02:54:00 AM »
Well..a scott weiland t-shirt huh..I wonder if it has his face on it LOL
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:47:07 PM by Ivy »
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Happy "Deluxe Edition" Free T-Shirts
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:32:59 PM »
I dont think you're getting a T-Shirt WITH the purchase of the album.  Didn't it say we would get a voucher for a free t-shirt?

A voucher is a big difference than getting the actual shirt.
I tried to pre-order but haven't found the deluxe edition yet on best buy.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:31:18 PM »
Quote from: "Sklashboombash"
I dont think you're getting a T-Shirt WITH the purchase of the album.  Didn't it say we would get a voucher for a free t-shirt?

A voucher is a big difference than getting the actual shirt.

Yup - you are correct.  The only thing I ever saw about a T-shirt was the voucher that's included in the "Deluxe Edition" of "Happy."

Still nothing on Best Buy.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »
Ok so the only reason to preorder is the cheaper price? right? you get the tshirt of u buy it in the store right?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 07:57:33 PM »
ne one have a clue how the shirts gonna look? im guessn itll just have the cover of the album on it .. and itll be a black T

STP76

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »
I wonder how "free" the t-shirt is? a redemption means that there will be shipping. its cool for the shirt, i just hope they dont jack you on shipping

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 10:45:56 PM »
Quote from: "STP76"
I wonder how "free" the t-shirt is? a redemption means that there will be shipping. its cool for the shirt, i just hope they dont jack you on shipping

From BestBuy.com:
Order it now at a great price with free shipping, and you'll also find a Best Buy exclusive free T-shirt offer included with the CD.

"Free T-Shirt offer" sounds TO ME like there may be limited availability, as well as the shipping charge that '76 mentioned.  Had it simply said "Free T-Shirt" I wouldn't think anything of it - the word "offer" has me thinking that it may not be available to everyone.  I suppose time will tell... (and time is heelllllllll.....)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 05:29:42 AM »
I hope the shirt is a big size  ;D
I know I want what\'s on my mind.

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 12:18:27 AM »
I ordered mine (and Shangri's!)

I got the download too, and OMG! :o

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 01:38:59 AM »
So at work today (at Best Buy) I check the status of his cd coming in.
They're due to arrive tomorrow, and we'll be getting both the single disc and the deluxe edition in store.

It looks like each store is going to get about 20 copies of the deluxe edition, each. This number will go up or down a few based on the size of the store and the surrounding community.

Just wanted to let you know.

Oh, and if you have a bestbuy.com preorder and would like to pick it up in the store DO NOT call the store and ask them to switch your order to in store pick up.

They can't do it. The store has very limited access to orders created on bestbuy.com

You might be better off cancelling the pre order and simply walking into the store to pick it up if you want it bad enough to not wait for it to arrive through mail. (I know I won't wait!).

No word on the details of the shirt offer. If I can get my hands on the coupon for the free t-shirt tomorrow, I'll let you know.

-Cubs
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 05:59:22 PM »
Quote from: "cubsof89"
They're due to arrive tomorrow, and we'll be getting both the single disc and the deluxe edition in store.

It looks like each store is going to get about 20 copies of the deluxe edition, each. This number will go up or down a few based on the size of the store and the surrounding community.

Oh, and if you have a bestbuy.com preorder and would like to pick it up in the store DO NOT call the store and ask them to switch your order to in store pick up.

They can't do it. The store has very limited access to orders created on bestbuy.com

You might be better off cancelling the pre order and simply walking into the store to pick it up if you want it bad enough to not wait for it to arrive through mail. (I know I won't wait!).

No word on the details of the shirt offer. If I can get my hands on the coupon for the free t-shirt tomorrow, I'll let you know.

-Cubs
Thanks for the heads up I was wondering if you had to pre order to get the shirt. (I am a sucker for free shirts) or will they be in the store now I no.
 ;)
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »
Quote from: "cubsof89"

-Cubs
Thanks for the heads up I was wondering if you had to pre order to get the shirt. (I am a sucker for free shirts) or will they be in the store now I no.
 ;)
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 04:53:10 AM »
The CD came in TODAY!!!! I got my hands on it! I got to touch it! I swear when I picked up a copy of it, Scott's picture on the cover smiled at me. I swear, I saw it!

It's pretty well put together too. Because it's on his own label, I almost expected him to be cheap with packaging and stuff, but he went all out.
It comes with a booklet with pics and all of the lyrics.

The coupon is inside the cd case as well, so you don't have to preorder it to get the tshirt.

the coupon has a code at the bottom of it.
It directs you to go to http://happytees.mightyloud.com

then you enter your code.

(I entered the code from the one I opened-and by the way, I set this copy aside for myself to purchase first thing Tuesday. I wouldn't dare sell it to somebody else after I opened it.)

after you enter your code it takes you to a page where you enter your name, email, address and you get the choice of M, L, or XL.
It doesn't show what it looks like. It says it takes 4-6 weeks to arrive.

I didn't proceed any further because it says the offer is only valid between 11/25 and 1/31/09. I'm too afraid to proceed in case it renders my code invalid.

There's no mention of any charges for shipping.

So, that's what I've got. Hope it helps.

If you purchased yours online, and would like to switch your order to "in store pickup" unfortunately you can not do this. You will have to cancel your order from bestbuy.com and simply go into the store to purchase it. There's unfortunately no way to change your online order to in store pickup for this item. This may change in the futre, most likely around the 25th, but as for now there is no fix. Just FYI
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 03:15:32 PM »
Well if any! got an email for Scott merchandise im sure the shirts gonna look like that one .. good to hear i can get it from the strore purchase

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »
Quote from: "shadowsoul"
depending on what shipping option you picked. if you didn't select to pay for any rush delivery, then you will get it after the 25th (if you ordered it like, yesterday or something). and if your outside the U.S., forget that deluxe edition with its extra 7 all original songs.

and who is shipping the t-shirt?  bestbuy?  ???
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"