May 20, 2024, 05:13:46 PM

Author Topic: New Art of Anarchy  (Read 7793 times)

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Art of Anarchy
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 12:17:37 AM »
For what it's worth.

AoA2 (yes, I'm calling them that again) ...

...the ones they did with our Scott into their set.

We should refer to Art of Anarchy as AoA2 and Scott Stapp as "Scott2".

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 02:01:33 AM »
sounds like a new record by march. should be interesting.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 02:15:28 AM »
I watched their 6 song set live on Facebook, a fan on there broadcast it. The main reason I watched was because I was interested to hear Stapp's take on the songs from the first album but as someone else already mentioned, they didn't play any of them. I was never a fan of Creed, I really disliked them from the moment I heard 'With Arms Wide Open', his voice just went through me but I must admit he doesn't sound too bad here with these guys and the songs they played sounded alright although the broadcast wasn't the best quality.

I will say this though, I can 100% see why our Scott didn't want to associate himself with these guys, purely from image perspective their look and on stage antics are major cheese and just cringeworthy! Stapp looks right at home rocking out with his over the top moves and facial expressions though and I can't help but think overall he's a better fit for this band! For anyone who is interested the live video is still available, it's on a Facebook page called 'Art of Anarchy fans' a few posts down.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 02:17:55 AM »
Also I've got to admit 'The Madness' is rather catchy after a few listens, just don't watch the music video for the love of god!

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 02:20:15 AM »

John Moyer is way to good for this,and that is that

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 03:38:51 AM »
Also I've got to admit 'The Madness' is rather catchy after a few listens, just don't watch the music video for the love of god!

agreed, stapp doesn't sound to "stapp" on it.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 12:30:49 PM »
There's a new interview of Bumblefoot & Stapp discussing the bands sound and the new album, no mention of our Scott though... I guess they don't credit him in helping to create the bands sound.

https://youtu.be/QpH8jYHYCVk

They discuss how this is an alcohol and drug free band which helps Stapp with his past addictions. I wish our Scott had took this gig, they could've helped him too although by that point I'm not sure he wanted help, he seemed happy to be in a band with others who shared his habits unfortunately.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 06:47:06 PM »
There's a new interview of Bumblefoot & Stapp discussing the bands sound and the new album, no mention of our Scott though... I guess they don't credit him in helping to create the bands sound.

I think it's a bit awkward acknowledging Scott since he railed against the band so much and essentially ended up just being a hired gun. Not to mention Stapp pretty much turns the project into essentially a new band since his vocals are so different.

They discuss how this is an alcohol and drug free band which helps Stapp with his past addictions. I wish our Scott had took this gig, they could've helped him too although by that point I'm not sure he wanted help, he seemed happy to be in a band with others who shared his habits unfortunately.

STP is a drug free band, too, but he still managed to be drunk/high most of the time. Regardless of his environment, Scott was Scott and he was going to get drugs when he wanted to. Art of Anarchy wouldn't have helped him any more than STP, VR, or Doug Grean managed to.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 02:22:40 PM »
Its a stretch to say Scott created AoA2's sound considering he came along and recorded VOX after the music was all done.  I do agree though that I have a hard time imagining those songs from their first record being sung by anyone else.  I guess we'll see. 

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 01:24:28 AM »

I think it's a bit awkward acknowledging Scott since he railed against the band so much and essentially ended up just being a hired gun. Not to mention Stapp pretty much turns the project into essentially a new band since his vocals are so different.

STP is a drug free band, too, but he still managed to be drunk/high most of the time. Regardless of his environment, Scott was Scott and he was going to get drugs when he wanted to. Art of Anarchy wouldn't have helped him any more than STP, VR, or Doug Grean managed to.

So, odds are that even if STP hadn't reformed and Dean and Robert had stuck to Army of Anyone with a new album and tour, Scott's life would've unfolded the way it did from 2008 on?

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2016, 10:08:17 PM »

So, odds are that even if STP hadn't reformed and Dean and Robert had stuck to Army of Anyone with a new album and tour, Scott's life would've unfolded the way it did from 2008 on?

Perhaps with a shorter fuse.

Besides his obvious issues with addiction.  I personally feel the death of his brother and his divorce from Mary were some of the final straws.  I think the reunion initially breathed some new energy into him but in hindsight once that wore out its welcome, it was a pretty quick downhill.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2017, 05:00:37 AM »
Oh dear, this new song they released is awful... They should just call the band Art of Creed and be done with it...

https://youtu.be/R8PMAAanW2g

Perhaps with Stapp Art of Anarchy are the band they were always supposed to be? Cheesy rock.
Admittedly I only checked them out in the first place because of Weiland's involvement as it's not usually the type of music I'd listen to. I ended up really enjoying the debut album though and even if SW's lyrics and vocals were 'mailed in' as many say I feel they were a lot stronger than what Stapp is doing with these guys. I guess that's a credit to Scott Weiland as a songwriter, even when he wasn't 100% committed to a project he stuck wrote decent lyrics and great melodies.
Just out of interest is anyone here going to pick this album up on March 24th? From the songs they've released so far I'll be skipping it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:02:40 AM by CagedTiger »

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 06:08:47 AM »
They're going on tour too, not sure if they'll play any of the Scott songs.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2017, 06:26:08 AM »
Oh dear, this new song they released is awful... They should just call the band Art of Creed and be done with it...

https://youtu.be/R8PMAAanW2g

Perhaps with Stapp Art of Anarchy are the band they were always supposed to be? Cheesy rock.
Admittedly I only checked them out in the first place because of Weiland's involvement as it's not usually the type of music I'd listen to. I ended up really enjoying the debut album though and even if SW's lyrics and vocals were 'mailed in' as many say I feel they were a lot stronger than what Stapp is doing with these guys. I guess that's a credit to Scott Weiland as a songwriter, even when he wasn't 100% committed to a project he stuck wrote decent lyrics and great melodies.
Just out of interest is anyone here going to pick this album up on March 24th? From the songs they've released so far I'll be skipping it.

Yeah, it sounds very much like a Creed song, except at least with Creed, their musicians were talented and their songs were undeniably catchy. This sounds like Diet Creed. I'm not crazy about the Votta brothers. The drummer's feel doesn't seem to fit the song, and the tone of both the drum kit and the guitars during the chorus sound generic and without character. That may be more the producer's fault, but either way the song just comes across as flat and boring. From everything we've seen in regards to this band, I get the feeling the Votta brothers are wealthy and paid to get these musicians to work with them to fulfill their dream of being in a band.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2017, 05:25:07 PM »
Their music was absolute trash even with Weiland, I don't know how anyone expected anything else with Stapp.
Grab the hate and drown it out...