May 10, 2024, 10:09:06 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland + Natalie Maines - Rhiannon  (Read 3052 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland + Natalie Maines - Rhiannon
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 08:16:28 PM »
Anybody got a link to this video in question?!

He plays the song at the beginning of this video:
https://www.facebook.com/doug.grean/videos/10157965294248046/

Kick ass cover, thanks for the link!!
Bleeda blooda

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 09:08:00 PM »

He also said Scott laid vocals for a Velvet Revolver reunion track that Dave Kushner had sent over in 2012 (around the time Scott started talking about a VR reunion). He said he has the track but he thought it was ‘dog shit’ and he said he won’t be leaking it. Interestingly the track (with Scott’s vocals) was also sent to Slash at the request of Scott’s manager but Slash didn’t get back to them.

Hmm. Did he elaborate on the 2012 VR demo?
I wonder if it was shitty due to Scott not putting his best foot forward or if Doug felt the song itself was just not good.

Not that it would have necessarily been the make or break point, but if the song WAS indeed lousy, I suppose it could have helped cement Slash's stance that they wanted nothing to do with Scott anymore.

He didn’t really elaborate on it other than to say that he felt like Kushner, Sorum and Scott were the only ones really pushing for a VR reunion. He eluded to the fact that Scott himself thought the song was good after he laid his vocals and his manager did too, but he said he didn’t feel the same about it. The thing is Scott’s vocals for Art of Anarchy were recorded around 2012/2013 I think weren’t they? Doug also worked on those and I think there was some strong vocals on some of the songs on that album. I doubt the VR song is as ‘dog shit’ as Doug says but we’ll never know since he says he’ll never leak it.
I wonder if the estate can obtain these unreleased recordings from him though or wether he legally owns them?
Another thing I don’t get is why Doug is just telling all these stories online, I realise he’s doing it to donate money and I’m grateful to hear them but you’d think he’d make a book out of it. I know I’d buy it.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2020, 01:16:06 AM »
What?? A HIG live album?! That would be awesome. Let's push to make that happen...

Back to this HIG live album for a moment.
A distant memory popped into my brain earlier, now someone please tell me if I imagined this!

Wasn’t a live show actually released around that time but only available to purchase digitally on his website?? Sort of like the covers album??

I have very very vague memories of this being discussed here but we’re talking over 10 years ago now. Did I just dream that?
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

ComicJohnPowers

• Co-Pilot
  • http://www.twitter.com/comicjohnpowers
    • View Profile
    • Creative Professional John Powers
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 11:31:18 PM »
It seems like Doug is sitting on a treasure trove of unreleased Scott material. Is anyone keeping up with him? Has anyone heard if we are getting closer to hearing some more of this stuff? Rhiannon is fantastic. I'd love to hear the other tracks mentioned above...