May 10, 2024, 10:38:48 AM

Author Topic: Scott’s 10 favourite songs from his own career (2015 interview)  (Read 908 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
This was published a couple of months ago and is taken from an interview he did in 2015.
He lists some interesting choices for sure...

https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-10-best-songs-from-scott-weilands-career
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott’s 10 favourite songs from his own career (2015 interview)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 11:58:36 AM »
Great find. Thank you for sharing.

Some interesting picks for sure.

A few things:

Found it interesting that he called out that Days of the Week would have been a great second single after a heavier song. It was ages ago, but I remember many folks stating that Coma should have been the first single, or a single period. Big topic of discussion here at the time.

He mentions Southern Tracks studios in Atlanta. I was watching a YouTube video last week from Rick Beato and he happened to mention Southern Tracks no longer exists. Bummer.

Really interesting that he chose that collaboration with Master of Reality. Always enjoyed that song, but that seemed to be the only “out of left field pick”. Everything else were really lead or important singles.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott’s 10 favourite songs from his own career (2015 interview)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 06:47:28 PM »
Very cool article.

Too bad they didn't hit self titled or No 4.  But nice to see SLDD mentioned.  And love his response to Libertad.