May 10, 2024, 07:26:27 AM

Author Topic: People who only criticize Scott  (Read 860 times)

TooCoolQueenie

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
People who only criticize Scott
« on: January 30, 2021, 04:34:45 AM »
What do you think of people who overly criticize Scott and say he was just a junkie?

Back in the day, I used to peruse this other forum without giving it credit it was about a major school tragedy and what I thought was to be more about facts and truths were just miserable assholes who hated me and criticized my looks, my education, my jobs, stalked me online from job to job because they were jealous I had something professional going on.

Anyways, I remember one major white trash lady going on and on from the old forum about how Scott was using all these drugs and being scientifically specific about what they were made of. She was saying she wanted Joey Ramone and Joe Strummer to come back and take Scott. (This was somewhat before he died). When I said he was more than just a druggie, she basically said oh, go cry at his later sloppy performances that are now his legacy. She said the other people he toured with were more talented than him. She claimed she dealt with too many cancer patients to care about Scott overdosing and one girl was even just two years old. She said anyone praising him was basically a fool and his music was shit.

I know Scott had issues, but really? Don't complain about someone being on drugs when you and your family probably do them as well if not more.

I don't get this mentality because I know drugs are bad, but I feel no one is really sober in Hollywood, and I think there needs to be more awareness especially with opioid addiction.

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: People who only criticize Scott
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 07:16:36 AM »
I don't know, someone reducing him to just a junkie, probably never gave his music a chance or then did, but didn't like it. I find it weird if someone finds the time to go to forums and just criticize someone they claim not to care about. Especially as Scott wasn't in the news all time, so that everyone and their mom had an opinion.
In a way I get it, take someone like J Bieber, few years ago everyone seemed to go "oh that annoying, spoiled brat", and if you said that, chances are you didn't care for his music and only saw some annoying kid. Now if you matured a bit, you can see the guy has talent, has not had the easiest life as a teen pop star and you understand most people screw up a lot and fame makes you a little crazy. You can accept someone liking an artist or the art even if it's not for you. Okay a bit off the rails here, but anyway.

For what it's worth, I do draw the line somewhere, what I "allow" my heroes to do, but drug use isn't enough. Of course that doesn't mean that I praise someone for it, I like them in spite of it.

Loved his persona, most of his music and when sober he came off as a really great guy in interviews. Felt and still feel a spiritual connection to him, and it was just unfortunate he could't kick the poisons and get his act together. But that whole, "how can you like someone who's such a junkie" mentality I don't get and is so hypocritical, I mean take almost anyone, let them name their top 10 artists and there will very likely be a few people with similar issues.
And in general there are celebs who have done far, far worse things than SW who are praised as Jesus by everyone and their granddad.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 07:55:14 AM by Comatose Commodity »
I had the midwife naked and alone

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 05:19:22 PM »
Most of the criticisms are probably valid to some degree.  This just short of someone saying that he was a talentless hack, which of course then just points you to the fact that you are either dealing with a hater, a pot stirrer or someone who is attacking something you love because they don't like you.

The moral of the story? Judge people's arguments based on their extremes or poignancy in combination with their presentation towards you during those conversations. It will become apparent as to whatever is really going on.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

TooCoolQueenie

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 09:51:23 PM »
I don't know, someone reducing him to just a junkie, probably never gave his music a chance or then did, but didn't like it. I find it weird if someone finds the time to go to forums and just criticize someone they claim not to care about. Especially as Scott wasn't in the news all time, so that everyone and their mom had an opinion.
In a way I get it, take someone like J Bieber, few years ago everyone seemed to go "oh that annoying, spoiled brat", and if you said that, chances are you didn't care for his music and only saw some annoying kid. Now if you matured a bit, you can see the guy has talent, has not had the easiest life as a teen pop star and you understand most people screw up a lot and fame makes you a little crazy. You can accept someone liking an artist or the art even if it's not for you. Okay a bit off the rails here, but anyway.

For what it's worth, I do draw the line somewhere, what I "allow" my heroes to do, but drug use isn't enough. Of course that doesn't mean that I praise someone for it, I like them in spite of it.

Loved his persona, most of his music and when sober he came off as a really great guy in interviews. Felt and still feel a spiritual connection to him, and it was just unfortunate he could't kick the poisons and get his act together. But that whole, "how can you like someone who's such a junkie" mentality I don't get and is so hypocritical, I mean take almost anyone, let them name their top 10 artists and there will very likely be a few people with similar issues.
And in general there are celebs who have done far, far worse things than SW who are praised as Jesus by everyone and their granddad.

I agree. Plus, this lady was claiming the Texas performance where he's clearly off his rocker is Scott's legacy.  ::)