May 10, 2024, 08:41:16 AM

Author Topic: Unreleased tracks may be becoming available in the future  (Read 1363 times)

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
Unreleased tracks may be becoming available in the future
« on: June 08, 2021, 01:54:30 AM »
Good news per Doug Grean it seems the estate and Doug are seeking to sell finished and unreleased Scott Weiland tracks as NFTs and said "there is going to be an offering" on the tracks and they might one day be available for purchase.

Tracks Doug found include ‘If Only I Could Fly’, ‘You Are My Hope’, and ‘Lift Me Up’. which were all recorded and mixed.  No idea how many songs there are, but he said he has found about seven on a single hard drive that was all recorded and mixed.

Doug also didn't know about the Itunes release of "I Know It's Too Late" but said he was going to do a new mix.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Unreleased tracks may be becoming available in the future
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 11:21:46 AM »
That’s really cool news.

Hopefully the estate will start to bring things together like the Cornell estate has (yes, I know there is some undesirable aspects to what is going on in that space).

ComicJohnPowers

• Co-Pilot
  • http://www.twitter.com/comicjohnpowers
    • View Profile
    • Creative Professional John Powers
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 02:47:40 PM »
Very happy to hear this! I've long believed that Doug would be our best source of unheard Weiland recordings. That Rhiannon cover was just tremendous. I tried to fix the crappy audio of the version he played in his podcast, but a polished mix of whatever Doug has would be a treasure trove of good listening! Let's hope it happens.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 03:03:26 PM »
Really looking forward to hear these
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 12:48:17 PM »
He also made a post before this one, that has since been deleted, where he implied that Noah was doing vocals on songs that were half complete.  So it would be half Scott singing and half Noah singing
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 01:31:53 PM »
That thing with Noah would be interesting, I just hope Noah gets his act together. Seems like he blew a good thing with Slash’s son, etc.