May 20, 2024, 03:07:03 PM

Author Topic: Utica Arts & Music festival headliner! Scott Weiland  (Read 6711 times)

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
Re: Utica Arts & Music festival headliner! Scott Weiland
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 02:55:19 AM »
Tommy Black the bassist is my friend on Facebook and he had a random post of a crowd to which I asked for an update on the new album. He oddly privately messaged me " no update at this time. We have written some amazing stuff though. I should not say amazing, but stuff we're really excited about." Why the hell would he have to private message me that? Also, if there is "no update at this time" why do they have material they are really excited about.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

Kingpetty

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 03:45:15 AM »
This is the worst performance I have ever seen from Scott.

I wonder if he has a bad cold. His voice sounds blown out here but he hasn't performed live in a few weeks.

Vasoline

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DNeySaHfnAY

This is horrid. What the heck are they doing to the end of this song ? It's hard to tell how far off key Scott is b/c of the distortion, but listening closely you can definitely hear some of it. Scott, please get well.
Don't chase buses or women, you always get left behind.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 03:47:57 AM »
Scott needs to take like a year off and get his shit together. Crazy to see how far he has fallen from the Libertad tour 5-6 years ago when he was really performing at a elite level.

I wouldn't say elite level. Contraband was definitely elite level. The Libertad tour is what really made me think he had relapsed. Songs tuned down, and his voice sounded nasal as shit. Maybe some might see it as pretty good cuz when you compare that  to his performances with STP since the reunion, he's outstanding.
He has his moments nowadays. I saw a video of Kitchenware & Candybars from this tour... He unbelievably nailed the song and performance in every way.
If you only knew..

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 04:55:54 AM »
You guys are far too harsh. A shitty Facebook / you tube upload. That being said it was not bad at all.  Looks like another small show production. Would rather hear this than karaoke STP you are all getting wet over.  Hear people singing along having a good time.

IdahoSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 05:33:19 AM »
Check out the ILS vid on YouTube. Sounds fine except for the shitass recording and crackling of the video.  He looks to be interacting with the crowd and even jumps into the crowd it appears.  The girl videoing can't find him though........

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 03:29:57 PM »
I refuse to watch live footage recorded from personal devices, rarely sound ok, plus, trying to limit watching this version of Scott
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 03:46:05 PM »
Ugly
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 05:14:55 PM »
Review of Scott's Utica show

http://upstatenyrock.com/2013/09/15/review-scott-weiland-the-wildabouts-hanna-park/

I usually tend to not really care about reviews, but I have to say... That person is a fucking idiot and a half.
If you only knew..

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 06:07:22 PM »
This short video was posted on Scott's facebook page with the caption: "Dude get some help get your act together I think its time for some rehab."
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=586732028040137&set=o.7752565684&type=2&theater
Sorry, I love Scott as much as any of you, and I'm just the messenger here. But apparently this attendee did not think Scott "kicked some serious ass" last night.

I once caught a little clip of Amy Winehouse performing on Palladia...that's what these clips remind me of.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 06:57:07 PM »
Look guys, I get that you want to be in your guys corner and all but let's not be delusional. Youtube videos do not magically make someone sing off key. If anything, crappy video quality would compress the audio so that the notes Scott is singing and the notes that band are playing are CLOSER, not farther apart.

Hell, the best Scott's ever sounded since the reunion to me was in shitty-ass camera phone videos from 2009.

This isn't a matter of audio fidelity. On that performance of Wicked Garden Scott was more off key than any of us have heard him before. And yeah, it's really fucking sad to see.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 08:27:22 PM »
Look guys, I get that you want to be in your guys corner and all but let's not be delusional. Youtube videos do not magically make someone sing off key. If anything, crappy video quality would compress the audio so that the notes Scott is singing and the notes that band are playing are CLOSER, not farther apart.

Hell, the best Scott's ever sounded since the reunion to me was in shitty-ass camera phone videos from 2009.

This isn't a matter of audio fidelity. On that performance of Wicked Garden Scott was more off key than any of us have heard him before. And yeah, it's really fucking sad to see.

And we get you're not interested in being in his corner.......still doesn't change it's not in the realm of being as bad as you indicate.  But as the saying goes, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 09:38:28 PM »
Explain to me how it's "not nearly as bad as I indicate"? Is he on key? No. Is he singing any notes from the song? No. Is every note he sings in that video sour? Yes. Has he EVER given a worse performance of Wicked Garden before? No.

It's pretty clear that that was a new low for Scott. And I don't see how being in complete denial about it some how makes you a better fan. If Chester gave a performance anywhere near that bad, you'd be all over his case.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 10:03:24 PM »
This is on the same level as that one Where The River Goes video from earlier this year where Scott pretty much sang it like "yeahhhh I could hide in the calm of the amoigmnaogagmagmnaguahosansgaohhamuahaohanooafdeee awayyyyy"

I've said this a million times here, but I'll say it again so I'm not crucified by some of you....I love Scott and always will, but there's no denying his performance is just awful. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being delusional. And this is coming from a fan that also considers themselves a strong optimist. The man needs help or things will only get worse...
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 01:25:11 AM »

And we get you're not interested in being in his corner.......still doesn't change it's not in the realm of being as bad as you indicate.  But as the saying goes, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.
The fact that Blue refuses to deny that Scott has a very serious problem -- which should be completely and painfully apparent to everyone here at this point -- does not mean that Blue is not in Scott's corner. On the contrary, I think it's a lot harder to admit the sad truth about someone you love than to continue to pretend a problem doesn't exist.

Earlier, someone on this forum said: "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." Some of you are of the opinion that Scott doesn't sound so bad. Hey, if that's your opinion, that's great -- keep on listening to him. But, whether or not you enjoy his current performances, let's please be honest about one thing: There is absolutely no denying that Scott has a very serious problem right now, and we as his fans should all be very concerned for him.