May 20, 2024, 08:03:39 AM

Author Topic: Talk Show/STP reuniting  (Read 8420 times)

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Talk Show/STP reuniting
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:02:08 PM »
Is there any chance that now that Scott has passed and Chester has quit that maybe the guys will get back with Dave Coutts and just make him officially part of STP? I feel he is the most similar vocalist to Scott and he made a solid album with the guys as a side project imagine what he could do when this would be the main focus. Please chime in.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Talk Show/STP reuniting
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 11:06:37 PM »
I'm personally hoping for another Army of Anyone album but with Kretz on drums. I preferred that album to Talk Show, in fact I prefer it to STP's 'Self Titled' album.
I think they should retire the STP name for now too, perhaps do a few shows in the future though with guest singers, kinda like The Doors tribute show where Scott performed, that would be cool.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 11:09:52 PM »
I will take AOA also with Kretz on drums but the DeLeos deserve another go at stardom which option gives them the best opportunity at that is the question.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 11:25:01 PM »
Well this was certainly a tease of a thread title.

Unfortunately, I don't think there was enough buzz the first time around and I don't think Dave Coutts has been very active musically since then. Unless CaveDoutts would like to disagree...
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 11:28:09 PM »
I love both Talk Show with Dave Coutts and Army of Anyone with Richard Patrick.  I wanna say I could've sworn that Dave Coutts is a member to this website and he even gave his opinion on reuniting but I don't remember what he said.  It is very close for me.  I love the lyrics on Army of Anyone.  I love the music so much on Talk Show.  It is really hard to say but if either project gets back together that would be so bad ass. 

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 11:34:34 PM »
I saw that Dave is definitely on here but I think due to current events he could change his mind. Richard Patrick seems dedicated to do a follow up to AOA but is always going to make Filter much more important.

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 11:42:59 PM »
yeah maybe they will have auditions like VR did and INXS. 

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 11:47:49 PM »
I don't know....Richard is up with Filter making their new record and going through back surgery stuff, he seems really busy at the moment. I prefer AOA to Talk Show but like Dave's singing much better. Keep Eric in the mix, he deserves to be part of a big group just like the rest of the boys. Shelf STP, nothing good will come out of it without people moaning and complaining again just like the first time around with Chester, there's just nothing they can do about it at this point, and with Scott gone forever, there's no point in continuing. I want to hear something heavy and rocking from the boys, but I don't know where they'd go or who they'd go with to achieve such.

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 03:16:42 AM »
Shelving STP could be to their detriment many bands have gone on after the death of a singer and it is the best way to keep their name out there. They just need to bring out the right guy and forget about the naysayers period.

stp4ever

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 06:02:24 AM »
yeah maybe they will have auditions like VR did and INXS. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: they should just use the guy who won the INXS show. JD Fortune. He's got a fantastic voice, a good baritone, and tons of energy.

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 06:11:20 AM »
ha

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 06:13:47 AM »
the singer i liked was that blonde dude i think he came in 2nd place sang a song bout Trees or something that guy was good

but i hear ya

i like dave coutts to sing for kretz and the deleos

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 05:49:27 PM »
Seriously InXs no thanks. Maybe though they should revive the show with STP I do recall they were almost set to do it the second time they split after SLDD.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:51:04 PM by leocal79 »

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 07:39:17 PM »
I would love to see them revive Talk Show and/or Army of Anyone.

Personally, I loved the Talk Show album, but that was never poised to be a big band. I would love to see them revive it, but I doubt they will simply because they would probably not get the album or ticket sales they want with it. But I would absolutely love to have the chance to see Talk Show in concert with Dave Coutts, playing the first album, new material, and maybe an STP cover or two.

I have a feeling AoA would be a much bigger draw right now. I know the Deleos were disappointed in AoA's lack of impact, but I think that had mostly to do with management/marketing failures. It certainly had nothing to do with the quality of the music and production on the album, nor the live performances, which were all killer. Still, AoA will never reach the level of STP, especially with Richard Patrick's experience with AoA and his main focus back on Filter now. Going into AoA, I think Richard had a similar perspective as Scott going into VR -- that the supergroup (AoA) would go on to eclipse the previous bands (Filter and STP). When AoA's album and ticket sales fell short of expectations, it sounds like the Deleos got really discouraged and bailed out. I get the impression that Richard feels a little burned by that. I'm sure they're on good terms -- these guys all behave like professionals, and Richard has said he'd do another AoA album, but I get the feeling he's not gonna have the same level of commitment to it that he had before. It will probably be closer to how Chester was with STP, only Richard will have a little more leverage to determine his involvement in AoA, because, unlike Chester with Linkin Park, Richard Patrick basically IS Filter.

Honestly, I have no idea what they're going to do, but I'd prefer they left STP alone, at least for a very long time. Let the memory and the legacy of STP stay warm in the hearts of the fans of this band. They're still consistently on radio (even before Scott's death), and obviously they've influenced lots of other bands and artists. If I could say anything to Dean, Rob, and Eric, I'd say please keep making music together, but not as STP. Let STP rest. That is how you best honor Scott and what you accomplished with him.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:53:24 PM by EyesOfDisarray »

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 08:10:58 PM »
I know Robert has posted pictures of Delta rehearsals. I personally am not really into it, so I do hope he hooks back up with Dean and Eric and does something (not-named-STP). However, the specter of STP will follow them forever, especially if they do work together, so they may actually choose to do things individually - though i hope not. They are a phenomenal team together.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19