May 19, 2024, 11:31:46 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland Man Of Velvet and Stone  (Read 8577 times)

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland Man Of Velvet and Stone
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 03:15:56 PM »
Just seeing this thread...I am the filmmaker of Man Of Velvet And Stone.
I appreciate all feedback...positive and negative....but I think it's odd to bash a film you have yet to see lol

This board is bogged down with people that know "everything" about Scott Weiland.

Any attempt to tell them something new will be shot down with disgust.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 04:11:35 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it.
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 05:50:02 PM »
I appreciate all feedback...positive and negative....but I think it's odd to bash a film you have yet to see lol

This board is bogged down with people that know "everything" about Scott Weiland.

Funny considering literally every post of yours that I've seen has been a snarky, negative comment. Clearly this board isn't the most positive place on the internet, but quit pretending that you're above it when you add nothing but negativity.

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 06:10:10 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this, as this was the last time I saw Scott live. Tiny little venue in Manchester, NH. Fit maybe 100 people.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »

Funny considering literally every post of yours that I've seen has been a snarky, negative comment. Clearly this board isn't the most positive place on the internet, but quit pretending that you're above it when you add nothing but negativity.

Yea, that's a good point.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Mcgopa

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 08:00:54 AM »
Im interested in his choice of women, and how they shaped his music. In Scotts biography and Mary's book, little mention was made of Jannina, but obviously she played a vital role. Such heartbreaking beautiful songs!

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »
I'd be interested in seeing the darker points of his life thoughtfully portrayed, not certain this is the movie that's going to do that though, judging by the trailer. And that quote, to open with that, ugh. Nobody here believes Scott genuinely thought the fucking Wildabouts were the most exciting band he ever played with, he was in STP and played with half of GnR for christ's sake.

He must have been high, or just really pissed off when he said that. I count that as one of the least sincere things he has ever said on tape. It's a embarrassment to hear him saying that, especially when presented context free like this, as though he actually meant it.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 03:52:15 PM »
I'd be interested in seeing the darker points of his life thoughtfully portrayed, not certain this is the movie that's going to do that though, judging by the trailer. And that quote, to open with that, ugh. Nobody here believes Scott genuinely thought the fucking Wildabouts were the most exciting band he ever played with, he was in STP and played with half of GnR for christ's sake.

He must have been high, or just really pissed off when he said that. I count that as one of the least sincere things he has ever said on tape. It's a embarrassment to hear him saying that, especially when presented context free like this, as though he actually meant it.

One thing to consider is all artists do this with their new material.  They are there to hype it up, regardless of how awesome and successful previous efforts were.  How many times have we heard the DeLeo's praise every upcoming new record/song as the next greatest thing?  They hyped self-titled in the same way and look where we are now with that record amongst fans and setlists.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 06:48:49 PM »

One thing to consider is all artists do this with their new material.  They are there to hype it up, regardless of how awesome and successful previous efforts were.  How many times have we heard the DeLeo's praise every upcoming new record/song as the next greatest thing?  They hyped self-titled in the same way and look where we are now with that record amongst fans and setlists.

Exactly....what good would it do for him to say "this is nothing compared to when STP was touring Purple"

In the moment, artists are always going to be excited about their new material, and even if they aren't 100% they're not going to put it down and risk their current venture.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 10:06:11 AM »
What you are describing is quite different, the Deleos never declared Chester Bennington the greatest vocalist they EVER worked with, that would be utterly absurd, and a pointed slight against Scott, which is exactly what Scott was going for there.

Not that they didn't say a load of awful stuff about Scott, they did, but they never questioned his talent in such a deliberate manner because they knew people would just laugh at them and call them dicks if they said something so stupid.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 07:09:24 PM »
I think calling this a "film" is a bit silly - is that where the bad taste is coming from?

It's a bootleg containing an interview after the show. Definitely iconic, as it's the last live performance - and definitely rare in the sense it includes fan meet and greets, but a FILM?

Maybe I will look this video up at some point - but I saw Scott just a few shows before this and remember quite well what it was like. It's something I wish I could forget. Poor Scott. I hate seeing him like this.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 06:11:14 AM »
Yeah no shit. Sorry man, but I too don't feel up to the idea of "highlighting" the man during one of those last shows.

This man was a part of the most energetic, thought provoking, performances my eyes have seen... His words and lyrics paint such pictures for me and the people I know, have known, and might get to know... the energy he and his band mates created carries me through my days, every day on the different albums Scott poured his talent onto.

There is so much I want people to know about this man, and the performer... your "film" is not going to accomplish that... if anything, someone who already has that bad taste in their mouth that a "TMZ report" gave them or something will watch your footage of Scott during his last days, and they'll concrete that idea of how sad things seemed to be for him... they'll just write that in their memory as .... "that's sad ol' Scott"...

I wish a person like that could have someone play them "Stone Temple Pilots Rolling Rock 2000"... maybe "STP House Of Blues 2000"... it's not fair to highlight a small snippet of a person and call it a "film"... simply put, it's an injustice when you make a "film" about someone which is footage from one fucking day.

We all know the story... sad times seem to cover his name, but man this guy has lit up a stage or two... or hundreds in his day. It's truly an honor for those who got to see this man work his magic just the way he wanted... fire in his eyes, assaulting everyone in attendance with his passion for being in that moment...

Hey any film makers out there.... this is the type of Scott film to make... ok, got it?

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2017, 07:54:49 PM »
Looks like it is still not done.  I checked the website https://www.manofvelvetandstone.com/

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2019, 11:42:39 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/145679718854165/posts/2350729371682511?s=502742962&sfns=mo

Dark Tower Entertainment Presents, Scott Weiland - Man of Velvet and Stone. A Documentary Concert Film by Eric Hansen featuring the final tour by one of the most iconic frontmen in the history of rock. Available for streaming and DVD purchase December 17, 2019
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 01:31:25 AM by Sad Daisy Girl »
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 01:53:33 AM »
I mean, I’ll watch it, of course I will but this release all looks very cheap and amateur. I just feel Scott deserves more, something more like Cobain:Montage of Heck or Amy.
I do feel this footage of his final years, as sad as it is, is part of his history and should be included but I wish it was part of a whole career retrospective film.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long