May 20, 2024, 05:12:29 AM

Author Topic: New Podcast w/ Dean  (Read 883 times)

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
New Podcast w/ Dean
« on: February 18, 2022, 05:00:14 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3GdjXz6Ai0

A conversation with Dean DeLeo (Stone Temple Pilots/Talk Show)

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: New Podcast w/ Dean
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 12:57:41 AM »
Nice listen.  Dean is the only member I have yet to meet and the last autograph I need.  I got Eric's and Robert's at The Rainbow Bar & Grill on Sunset Blvd. Of course I said stupid things, but I think maybe they understood my heartbreak over Scott. Then just before the lockdown, they were going to do a show at the Saban Theatre and was going to bring my guitar and finally catch a show but it cancelled.  Don't know when I will have a chance or if I will ever get one.
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 05:02:11 PM »
I was fortunate enough to meet Dean at a McDonald's in California during my high school years. I couldn't believe it was him; just a normal guy sitting there eating. I was also fortunate to meet Scott in 2000 in Los Angeles after attending the Craig Kilbourn show.

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 07:57:01 AM »
Wow, that's cool you met Dean randomly. I had a chance to meet Dean, well, STP and Chester at LA Live, but they were ground level.  They were there for photo opp and I was upstairs above them.  If I was Spider Girl, I would have webbed it down, that's how close they were.  I didn't think that by the time I went down the stairs, they would still be there.  It was a good show.
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 11:43:39 PM »
I met Dean when I met the whole band at the Tower Records in San Diego. They played a short acoustic set. There's a video of an acoustic Trippin on a Hole from that show that got passed around a lot back in the day. He was actually the least talkative of the group. Met Robert a few times more at NAMM, and ran into/said hi to Eric once in line for their show at the Hard Rock in Vegas.

Anyway, I had gone to a taping of Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher that Weiland was on and we made a lot of noise for him. We mentioned it at the Tower Records show and he seemed genuinely interested in our experience going to the taping.