May 15, 2024, 01:22:22 PM

Author Topic: Are We Allowed to Talk About Dean Deleo Yet?  (Read 3849 times)

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Are We Allowed to Talk About Dean Deleo Yet?
« on: July 17, 2018, 02:24:20 PM »
I wouldn't say I was a fan of the other thread getting locked.  These are pretty serious allegations flying around about him with no word from him and I am still interested to hear what others on the board have to say about this considering I feel like this has pretty much crushed the band unless this somehow this is all made up.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
Re: Are We Allowed to Talk About Dean Deleo Yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:59:33 PM »
I’m with you. I don’t want to argue with anyone like the other thread, but I’ll just say one time that I don’t see this all the same way anymore. My enthusiasm has been affected through these allegations on dean. That’s what I get for following the band and the members as close as I have I guess. So I’ll blame myself. I’d be better off if I had just stuck to the albums and not tried to know everything about the band.

No desire to pursue the band or its remaining members to be honest. I’ve been a scott fan mostly so atleast he took time to do other projects especially his solo career.

STP songs relate to so many moments over the years. So I don’t know. I’d be lying if I acted like this stuff on dean didn’t bother me. They’re humans they’re not perfect. But I don’t like what dean is accused of. I’m none to judge another person. I’m far from perfect too. But I guess this is a reality check if anything.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 05:53:39 PM »
Personally, as much as we could talk about, I'd say the point is probably moot. Accusations are just that, accusations. Is there a probability of them being entirely true? Yes. That said, that's really all there is to it. It is unfortunate and it is wrong if it did happen, but there's nothing we can talk about or discuss that isn't already in that locked thread. I guess the way I see it, is that the truth will come out and depending on what that is, it will certainly impact the band. That's all and we have no choice but to deal with it as fans. I'm glad the other thread got locked, frankly. Once people start going round and round and speculating nonsensically, the "discussion" is over.

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 06:32:58 PM »
I know Dean’s silence has been something to consider with all of this. However, I highly doubt a “The allegations are false” from Dean would really help people’s opinions on the matter. I understand him not defending himself seems to imply guilt, and maybe he did do it. The problem is that we still don’t know.

Like pretty much everyone here, I got into the band for their music and have enough issues in my own life rather than trying to solve the Dean Deleo case. I do wish in general this band could have been comprised of better people and all along, I was under the impression that STP was a strong band with brotherly bonds, even unbreakable. However, with Scott’s and Chester’s deaths, the constant breakups over the years, and the new album being “good”, but not great, I can admit I have lost major interest in the band entirely. Dean’s issues and this latest news certainly do not help.

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 08:09:37 PM »
I believe the original thread was locked because there were inconsiderate/immature comments saying something to the effect of the victim deserving it. I may be misremembering. I DO remember feeling a bit sickened by & disappointed by some of the comments.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 09:03:19 PM »
Tough situation. Speaking purely from a public outreach perspective, I think there's a strong chance we'll hear more based on social media stuff we've seen from her boyfriend. That said, expecting Dean to comment is unfair. There are kids involved and he and his ex wife have that to consider. As messed up as this situation is, I applaud both sides if they decide to keep this matter as private as possible in an effort to protect the kid from being exposed to this. It sounds like their situation is bad enough without bringing in the rest of the world in on it.

It's also impossible to take a firm stance on this without knowing both sides. Dean is likely guilty of serious things... maybe things I could ever be ok with, but the reality is I don't know. None of us do. And we don't really have a right to know. It's none of our business. So ultimately it's up to us if we want to judge Dean on incomplete information and stop supporting STP because of it. Personally for me it was always about the music - not the moral compass of those within it. A lot of famous bands have a lot of famous musicians that have made unspeakable mistakes. In no way am I minimizing what Dean is accused of - but how much music would I permit myself to listen to if I held musicians to the same moral standard I hold myself? But, I can respect that some of us draw the line somewhere. Totally get that.

Anyway, just thoughts. I certainly couldn't blame any of you for letting this be the final straw and deciding to stop supporting STP. I'm not there personally, but I can totally respect that.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »
Tough situation. Speaking purely from a public outreach perspective, I think there's a strong chance we'll hear more based on social media stuff we've seen from her boyfriend. That said, expecting Dean to comment is unfair. There are kids involved and he and his ex wife have that to consider. As messed up as this situation is, I applaud both sides if they decide to keep this matter as private as possible in an effort to protect the kid from being exposed to this. It sounds like their situation is bad enough without bringing in the rest of the world in on it.

It's also impossible to take a firm stance on this without knowing both sides. Dean is likely guilty of serious things... maybe things I could ever be ok with, but the reality is I don't know. None of us do. And we don't really have a right to know. It's none of our business. So ultimately it's up to us if we want to judge Dean on incomplete information and stop supporting STP because of it. Personally for me it was always about the music - not the moral compass of those within it. A lot of famous bands have a lot of famous musicians that have made unspeakable mistakes. In no way am I minimizing what Dean is accused of - but how much music would I permit myself to listen to if I held musicians to the same moral standard I hold myself? But, I can respect that some of us draw the line somewhere. Totally get that.

Anyway, just thoughts. I certainly couldn't blame any of you for letting this be the final straw and deciding to stop supporting STP. I'm not there personally, but I can totally respect that.

Spot on my dude.

May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 10:08:42 PM »
Personally I think they should remove Dean if there is even a shred of truth to the allegations.  The prospects of a STP with only two original members is hard to fathom, but spousal and child abuse should not be remotely tolerated and I for one will not be supporting the band if they keep him on.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 05:57:20 PM »
Personally I think they should remove Dean if there is even a shred of truth to the allegations.  The prospects of a STP with only two original members is hard to fathom, but spousal and child abuse should not be remotely tolerated and I for one will not be supporting the band if they keep him on.

Totally get why you feel that way but realistically there's little to no chance of that happening. Dean is Robert's brother. And I don't see Eric taking a firm stance against his brother given everything this band has suffered through together. Again I totally understand why you feel this way... you're justified in saying that spousal abuse is a non starter in any situation; but if we're being real here... there is no way Robert and Eric are firing Dean. There's just no way.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 10:00:37 PM »
JugeSTP is very wise.

Sources

• Ground Personnel
  • Melancholy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 10:36:10 PM »
Just would like to cosign a lot of the reasonable thoughts in this thread, and to say that I hope the band addresses it rather than just continue forward with radio silence. But I've been meaning to add that Joe Perry's kid throwing in the #STPSUCKSANYWAY! hashtag irked me. If you are trying to send a serious message about a serious issue, throwing a childish opinion about the band's music itself doesn't really add much substance.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 03:46:14 AM »
Just would like to cosign a lot of the reasonable thoughts in this thread, and to say that I hope the band addresses it rather than just continue forward with radio silence. But I've been meaning to add that Joe Perry's kid throwing in the #STPSUCKSANYWAY! hashtag irked me. If you are trying to send a serious message about a serious issue, throwing a childish opinion about the band's music itself doesn't really add much substance.

Agreed. Even if all that happens is Dean says "I'll wait to comment until after the trial" or something. Pretending it didn't happen is weird. And yeah, #STPSUCKSANYWAY...??? Really? I wonder how that has affected Robert and Joes relationship.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 02:59:56 PM »
Yeah, how about Erin Perry get a Grammy award winning group and put multiple singles on radio which will be played for atleast 25 years. Jerk wad. Does he think he’s Aerosmith just because it’s his dads group?

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 12:40:43 AM »
I understand this is 2018 and everyone these days wants the headlines and many would love to see a dirt slinging war in the media, but I don't think 'this crushed the band' and I don't think we will (or need to) hear a response from Dean. It's his business to decide to respond to whatever gets thrown out there.

4Core

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 03:33:19 AM »
Go god. Why do you people care? Just move on with your life and let him deal with his. Just enjoy the music (or not) and get a life. This isn't TMZ.com