May 15, 2024, 06:20:53 PM

Author Topic: Dean to counter abuse allegations  (Read 5590 times)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Pruno

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Dean to counter abuse allegations
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:11:14 PM »
Glad to hear he is refuting these claims, I was beginning to think they were true.  Interesting to see it says he's been sober since 2013.  That means he prob had a drinking problem during the last tour with Scott, causing some toxicity between them I'm sure.  From the outside looking in, it seems Scott and Dean were always the two who clashed the most, Robert less so, and Eric just stayed out of it.  I could be wrong but that's the way it seems.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 01:17:30 AM »
Glad to hear he is refuting these claims, I was beginning to think they were true.

Dean himself refuting it means jack shit. Just about any person guilty of abuse refutes the claims... If anything, the fact that he didn't immediately make a knee-jerk makes him look more innocent.

What does give me hope is that his son, his ex-wife, and his current girlfriend all made statements on his behalf. But it's still entirely possible her claims, at least in part are true. We'll never really know.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 08:47:45 AM »
Indeed, in fact he had no choice but to defend himself in the divorce proceedings, his ex has filed for divorce citing his behaviour as the driving reason for the breakdown of their marriage. Not refuting the allegations would be tantamount to admitting they are true leaving him wthout a leg to stand on, so there's nothing you can really read into this.

Now they have established their respective stances they'll probably work towards a compromise settlement to keep it out of court, the details of which we will likely never hear.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 04:23:39 AM »
And people thought Weiland was the biggest fuck up in the band....

If that stuff about the bass player with his own studio is true....

Kretz is a fucking rock. The only guy to not have a bunch of shitty gossip or known problems....
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 04:35:03 AM »
This has been one of the tougher/stranger stories to report on. I wish I didn't know all of this shit but it's my job unfortunately.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 06:56:53 AM »
Gosh, I really have to wonder how much of this is true?

I remember Robert saying Dean cleaned up right before the Army of Anyone project, I wonder if he relapsed? Scott said on Howard Stern that Dean was a crack smoker.

Robert's hands around Richard Patrick's throat? Could that have been in response to Richard's bailing out of the project? If it's true, it certainly seems that they've kissed and made up.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 07:37:34 AM »
What is in the documents is a screenshot of an email Dean wrote himself, so the September 2016 story about the Robert fight is Dean's take on what happened. Dean's email address (which I won't publish) was even in the screenshot.

The Army of Anyone story is more unclear. Some stuff in the document scan was hard to read so it seemed like some stuff was missing regarding to the lead up to that.

I also don't know if Dean's text to Jeff was from January 2018 or January 2017, and what the exact context to that is, but it seems like there was some sort of tension there at a rehearsal or something.

Obviously whatever issues from these incidents were worked out as everyone involved seems to get along.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 01:51:10 PM »
Um, wow!

https://www.alternativenation.net/stone-temple-pilots-violent-studio-fight-revealed/

Wow is right! Some good comments after the article too.

Pretty admirable how Robert is such a mean, raving lunatic and Dean just calmly keeps his composure around him when he explodes.  Also, not very believable.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 02:39:17 PM »
Um, wow!

https://www.alternativenation.net/stone-temple-pilots-violent-studio-fight-revealed/

Wow is right! Some good comments after the article too.

Pretty admirable how Robert is such a mean, raving lunatic and Dean just calmly keeps his composure around him when he explodes.  Also, not very believable.

Admiring mean lunatics has always been an issue of mine.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 02:55:53 PM »
Did Rob go to the Homer Simpson School of discipline?? Not sure I believe these stories
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:57:31 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 04:12:05 PM »
What is Dean's text to Jeff referencing? It sounds like he felt Jeff underperformed at some early gig, but everything I've seen from Jeff, he has killed it! I don't see how Dean couldn't be anything but thrilled at what Jeff has given them so far. He kills it on the record and kills it again on stage!

As far as the stuff about Robert, I'm sure there is some truth in there. I tend to believe these kinds of reports are partially true. I remember the stories of Robert banging on Scott's tour bus door, shouting, "Come on, Axl!" Maybe Robert does have a temper, but at the same time, maybe Dean was exaggerating a bit in this. Plus, I'm sure Dean has some of that rage himself too, as evidenced by Jenn's stuff. There again, I'm sure Jenn's reports and Dean's denials are both partially true but a bit exaggerated. Whenever there are two sides presenting conflicting information like this, the truth is usually somewhere in between.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 07:50:08 PM »
what the hell is going on here