May 16, 2024, 07:39:44 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots vs. Green Day  (Read 1234 times)

CrazyDeleoChords

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Stone Temple Pilots vs. Green Day
« on: May 17, 2021, 09:13:28 PM »
Hey All,

I've been a long-time fan of a site as well as a huge STP fan since I was 11 (I'm 39 now). Tomorrow I'll be on a friend's podcast (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/peaks/id1522651309) debating another guest about which band was better/more influencial during the 90s: STP or Green Day. Obviously, I'm in the STP camp. I think there are many, many reasons (Better live, more versatile catalogue of songs, better musicianship and songwriting, more of mystique, etc.) why this band is superior to Green Day, but I wanted to see what arguments this group had?

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots vs. Green Day
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 06:52:49 PM »
Okay if the context is Green Day in the 90s, I genuinely would like the GD guy to list, without struggling, songs he loves beyond their biggest songs, such as Basket Case, When I Come Around and Good Riddance? To me they had 5 really good singles and then a lot of filler
I had the midwife naked and alone

CrazyDeleoChords

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots vs. Green Day
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 03:41:21 PM »
I think the focus was who was the better band overall. Green Day is definitely the obvious answer from a commercial standpoint, but I argued that as musicians, songwriters and live performers STP were clearly the better band, and I wound up winning the debate. I'll post the podcast when its up on this site.