May 15, 2024, 02:28:48 AM

Author Topic: No Way Out  (Read 13352 times)

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: No Way Out
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 05:21:40 AM »
Love that video, but I agree. Weiland looks like a bit of fool.
No Way Out is one of my favorite STP songs ever, even if it is a tad nu-metalish. The melody lines during the verses send shivers down my spine.
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 05:41:14 PM »
does anyone know where you can view the video? the link posted above seems to have all of STP's videos except no way out. the only place i can find it is here, but it is rather small, and is missing the intro with scott talking on the radio

http://www.singingfool.com/Title.aspx?publishedid=42736

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »
edit:  nevermind link doesnt work.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 06:54:58 PM »
Its not even on youtube, suprisingly.

After reading this thread I think we need an official answer as to why this video was left off of "thank you"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 12:39:07 AM »
its odd it wasn't included, it can't be for lack of space, as they did add many lower quality videos from bootlegs and such, not unless the band really wanted those bootlegged versions on the dvd

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010, 12:49:46 AM »
I remember they had to censor the original version and tone it down.  It had a S & M scene in it or something I vaguely remember seeing.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2010, 01:58:19 AM »
does anyone know if they actually played the song that night? I remember seeing a copy of the setlist for that show, and no way out was on it, but did they just play along to it over the PA? or did they attempt it live? It seems like it wouldn't come off well as a live song due to the drop C guitars and all

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
No Way Out DVD file is in the Downloads section. The link is in my signature.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »
thanks for putting the DVD up, hopefully I'll be able to get into the downloads section soon

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2010, 02:42:01 AM »
Quote from: "violentgreen"
You mean where he spins around with his arms as if he were doing some mosh pit moves?

Or when he isnt singing an he backs away slowly?

(Those are the two main moves i like from him an i have to admit i sort of do the Backing Away because i like how he does it. But my main inspiration is Enrique Bunbury..... an for an odd reason they both move the same way. Alot of Hand motion as well as body positions ;)).
I personally like the one where he ducks down with the mic and spins around while flapping his arms like a chicken.  Where the hell did he get that?

maybe it came to him while he was hunched over with an american flag over his head, making motorboat noises into his megaphone... i think he did that on one of the sex type thing videos and i laughed my ass off

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 02:44:49 AM »
Quote from: "talkingvolleyball3"
if any one is musical out there , the guitar tuning for the song  in drop C
which is a low tuning, Mostly used in metal (Atreyu,Killswitch,In Flames, The Faceless)
it makes it very heavy sounding
any comments on why that was ?

yeah i love that, they probably just did it to make the song darker or more desperate-sounding i guess. nirvana did the same thing on their song "blew" but it was an accident, they tried to tune to drop-D without realizing they already had, so that ended up being one of their heaviest songs

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 02:47:28 AM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
Its not even on youtube, suprisingly.

After reading this thread I think we need an official answer as to why this video was left off of "thank you"

well "no way out" wasnt really a single it was just a promo, so that could be why. although "wicked garden" wasnt a single either and that made it onto the video. probably just a popularity issue, as far as i know "no way out" is really obscure in the mainstream. i think "thank you" was more of a greatest hits album than a "best of"

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 03:34:46 AM »
Wrong.

"No Way Out" was a single.  In the summer of 2000, I worked at an alternative
radio station, and ADDED the song to my playlist at the request of an Atlantic Records rep from Detroit.

There was even a radio edit that was sent to the stations.  (that particular edit cut out the mutherfucker parts)

Why wasn't the "No Way Out" video on "Thank You"?  In my opinion, every money-minded band has future revenue plans.  STP will most likely release ANOTHER retrospective DVD with "No Way Out" on it.  All of us will run out and buy it because
A.  It's an STP release.  and B. Because "this video collection has the 'No Way Out' video on it."  

Look at other greatest hits collections from other artists.  Most of them leave off a gem or two to create a demand for future releases.  Or... they do it just so you will go and buy the whole damn album that has the one freakin' song that you REALLY wanted -- but it wasn't on the stupid greatest hits collection.

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 10:38:29 PM »
Quote from: "BrandoKommando"
Wrong.

"No Way Out" was a single.  In the summer of 2000, I worked at an alternative
radio station, and ADDED the song to my playlist at the request of an Atlantic Records rep from Detroit.

There was even a radio edit that was sent to the stations.  (that particular edit cut out the mutherfucker parts)

Why wasn't the "No Way Out" video on "Thank You"?  In my opinion, every money-minded band has future revenue plans.  STP will most likely release ANOTHER retrospective DVD with "No Way Out" on it.  All of us will run out and buy it because
A.  It's an STP release.  and B. Because "this video collection has the 'No Way Out' video on it."  

Look at other greatest hits collections from other artists.  Most of them leave off a gem or two to create a demand for future releases.  Or... they do it just so you will go and buy the whole damn album that has the one freakin' song that you REALLY wanted -- but it wasn't on the stupid greatest hits collection.

-Brandon

yeah thats definitely a possibility, but i would only buy it if they had the version of "only dying" that for some reason they cant just release already. and it was a "promo single" not a regular single. i honestly dont know what the difference is between the two but thats what i read on it.

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 12:55:08 AM »
A promo single and a "single" are the same thing.  A "promo single" is just the name record companies use when they send a song out to radio stations via the mail.

Every week, radio stations get promo singles for review.  These can be found on EBAY, and they'll be labeled as such.  When a band sends these out to radio stations, films a video, and has their record label reps call stations with hopes that they'll add the song to their playlist?  

This is the definition of a "SINGLE".

-Brandon :)
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland