June 16, 2024, 06:46:31 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots vs Scott Weiland court case discussion topic  (Read 12302 times)

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland interview - ultimateguitar.com
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »
^ Oh, glad someone found the exact quote.
There was also the whole "coffee table book" and remastered/bonus tracks version of Core that were supposed to coincide with the 20th anniversary of Core. The lack of those existing is also Scott's fault, right?
Right. Because this stuff was supposed to come out along with the tour that never happened.

Anyway, it's getting ridiculously old, indeed. I love you all, no matter what side you are on.
Can we just ooze some good vibes from now on?  ;D
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots vs Scott Weiland court case discussion topic
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2015, 07:07:20 PM »
Well, we obviously aren't meant to know what happened aside from it's been settled with prejudice. Whatever ChesTP and Scott do this year should be interesting, and let's try and enjoy it. If something ever happens to get the 4 members back together, all the better.

steved1

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2015, 07:29:20 PM »
Not sure which side to weigh in on? I agree with many of the posts above. Scott although seemingly enjoying promoting STP during the 20th Anniversary tour, has always maintained his stylistic independence. Where The brothers seem to have a Signature "STP" musical style which I hope, whatever endeavor the embark upon never changes, as I am deeply attracted to it. As I am sure we all wish we had relationship time machines, we don't! So we can relish in the hopes that we get art, produced in some way or another for days to come with musicians with their level of talent accompanying them to enjoy. I for one thought that Army of Anyone was a great project, but agree the style did not vary at all. I have to remember that there are always three sides to every story. Scott's, The Brother's, and somewhere in the middle is the third, where the truth and fairness probably exists.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2015, 01:01:33 AM »
Anyway, it's getting ridiculously old, indeed. I love you all, no matter what side you are on.

Agreed.

Despite this whole messy STP divorce, we'll be getting 'Blaster', 'Art of Anarchy' (for what that's worth), and hopefully a CheSTP album (finally).  Hell... I'm still riding the high after finally hearing Scott's 'Happy'! 

2015 is shaping up to be a pretty good year for us fans.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 01:03:07 AM by STEAK »
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 03:02:39 AM »

Agreed.

Despite this whole messy STP divorce, we'll be getting 'Blaster', 'Art of Anarchy' (for what that's worth), and hopefully a CheSTP album (finally).  Hell... I'm still riding the high after finally hearing Scott's 'Happy'! 

2015 is shaping up to be a pretty good year for us fans.

Also agreed. Seems like Scott and the others have gotten over it. Time to move on.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2015, 03:24:33 AM »
I've been wondering when/if the "Bio" section on the official STP site would ever update.  Kind of curious how it was going to be handled.  Now I see its just been removed.

reallytired

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2015, 08:52:59 AM »
I was at the last stp concert in Hershey. The band was great. Scott's voice had that echo I always loved hearing. The fans sucked. Most were young and the ones that sat around me told me they never heard of the core album. They were there for the other bands.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:01:13 AM by reallytired »

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »
The fans sucked. Most were young and the ones that sat around me told me they never heard of the core album. They were there for the other bands.

I would imagine this to be the same scenario at Family Values tour dates back in 2001.  I never felt that STP belonged on that bill. 

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 07:32:03 PM »
I went to the Minneapolis show for that. STP was amazing, but people left after Stained and Linking Park finished. A shame. Only good thing was I took advantage of it to get better seats.

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 05:17:02 PM »
I'm guessing that STP dropped the "With CB" moniker because the lawsuit was resolved?