April 28, 2024, 12:02:12 AM

Author Topic: New band - Dead White Day  (Read 3050 times)

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
New band - Dead White Day
« on: August 06, 2016, 02:17:33 AM »
Hello all,

I've posted here more than a few times before, but I wanted to share my new band Dead White Day!. I sing, play guitar, and play drums (working on a live line-up), but we're recording our debut EP this month. We've just released our first single and would love any support, so check it out! Scott and STP is obviously a huge influence for me personally, and although this song is probably our most power-pop sounding thing, I think people here will dig our next single quite a bit... Anyway here is the link! - https://soundcloud.com/deadwhitedaymusic/amnesiac

And our Facebook (just launched it yesterday): https://www.facebook.com/deadwhitedayband

I'm only 19 so my voice is still coming into its own, but feel free to leave comments here, thanks!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 02:19:19 AM by pieceofpie6661 »

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New band - Dead White Day
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 04:57:09 AM »
Have you considered covering SG7?

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:37:43 AM »
Very nicely done. Kind of an early Foo Fighters vibe.

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »
hahaha maybe some day, you never know  ;) .... Hopefully Brett can see this and take a listen, perhaps even put it up on on Alternative Nation under their new music stuff?? I've followed that site since it was called Grunge Report and wouldn't mind a tiny shoutout ;) Thanks to anyone who has listened so far! Really appreciate it.

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 10:38:46 AM »
Thank you very much Long Way Home! Definitely influenced by the first few Foo Fighters albums, appreciate your support!

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 06:10:07 AM »
Not to sell myself too much here, but we're back in the studio this week working on some heavier material and I had the chance the re-record and remix some of the vocals on this song, so here's the improved version!:

https://soundcloud.com/deadwhitedaymusic/amnesiac

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/deadwhitedaymusic/zero-by-smashing-pumpkins-dwd-vocal-cover/s-Czmsp

For any Smashing Pumpkins fans out there, I did a one-take "livestyle" vocal cover of "Zero" by Smashing Pumpkins...would love to hear some feedback! I have some STP ones too, but I'd rather wait for feedback before posting them haha...

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 06:13:47 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/deadwhitedaymusic/zero-by-smashing-pumpkins-dwd-vocal-cover/s-Czmsp

For any Smashing Pumpkins fans out there, I did a one-take "livestyle" vocal cover of "Zero" by Smashing Pumpkins...would love to hear some feedback! I have some STP ones too, but I'd rather wait for feedback before posting them haha...
I like your original material better.  Your Zero cover sounds more like you're going for a particular vocal tone versus singing to your strengths.  Its like you're trying to be heavy and growl-y yet melodic at the same time.  I ended up getting a little bit of a Chester Bennington type vibe from your vocals on Zero.  Don't get me wrong, I dont think its bad, but your original work (on say Amnesiac) is definitely stronger.  I do think that Pumpkins stuff is generally very difficult to cover because (love it or hate it) Corgan's voice is so unique and integral to the music.  Keep up the good work and thanks for letting us listen. 

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 06:59:18 PM »
Thank you for the feedback! Yeah I think for better or for worse, when I cover songs I tend to try to adapt my voice to that particular singer, still trying to figure out my style I guess. Appreciate the compliment on my original stuff though!

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 07:10:07 PM »
Thank you for the feedback! Yeah I think for better or for worse, when I cover songs I tend to try to adapt my voice to that particular singer, still trying to figure out my style I guess. Appreciate the compliment on my original stuff though!
HOnestly, that is one of the hardest things to do as a singer... to sing a song you know (and/or love) and to do it your own way and not the way you hear it in your head.  Keep up the good work and keep sharing new material (especially originals) as you can!

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 06:26:59 AM »
Hey everyone! Put up my band's second and latest single of original material on SoundCloud. A heavier track, can't say for sure that there was one band or style that influenced it, but I've heard from others it's reminiscent of Alice in Chains or early STP! There are lyrics for it on the link as well. Check it out and let me know if you enjoy!:

https://soundcloud.com/deadwhitedaymusic/metamorphic

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 09:58:40 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/deadwhitedaymusic/sex-type-thing-partial-cover

Here's a piece of a vocal cover I did for "Sex Type Thing" - it's really just the last verse through the end of the song (kind of an impulsve cover haha). Let me know what you guys think! Also, check out my band's latest single "Metamorphic" on our SoundCloud!

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 10:30:54 AM »
Yo! Just wondering if anyone has listened yet, am very open to feedback so fire away!

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 01:51:10 PM »

The link says,   " Can't find this song"

pieceofpie6661

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile