June 15, 2024, 11:05:39 PM

Author Topic: Tommy Black interview  (Read 3897 times)

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Black interview
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 10:20:14 PM »
Coconut is absolutely right.  Nothing is Tommy's fault at all.  Scott's decisions were his own (including the decision to have Tommy as a friend/bandmate).  However, I dont personally think Tommy is a very good person because he made the decision to enable an addict. 

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 11:43:02 AM »
It seems little pointless to say he's not a good person, as you say he probably had substance abuse problems himself.

Scott also chose to do drugs with somebody who had substance abuse problems, additionally Scott was a big star, leader of the band, and Tommy's boss. So by the same token, what does that say about Scott?

They were just 2 people making bad decisions, and sadly for one it worked out a lot lot worse.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 05:24:58 AM »
"I think his body probably just gave out" says Tommy... Is he completely forgetting all the drugs and alcohol he was abusing with Scott in those final months? His body didn't just simply give out, he overdosed on a cocktail of drugs and alcohol, sure his body wouldn't have been in great shape and his tolerance lowered but had he been sober he wouldn't have died that night.
Tommy discusses the day of Scott's death but what I'm more interested in hearing about is the night prior, was Scott consuming alcohol and drugs alone or was Tommy with him? Judging from the last few photos Tommy posted they were doing that shit together but we may never know the details regarding that final night... Perhaps it doesn't matter at this point but Tommy knows more than he's letting on.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 04:49:30 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/music/exclusive-tommy-black-recalls-his-bond-with-late-friend-and-bandmate-scott-weiland-081128671.html

Says there's unreleased Wildabouts music.

Apparently there wasnt nothing completed though, I'd like to hear whatever demos may be lying around
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 04:23:19 PM »
.......Perhaps it doesn't matter at this point but Tommy knows more than he's letting on.

Tommy has a story and hes sticking to it.  He had a story he told the police which likely put the blame off of him.  If he changes his story now which is "oh his body just gave out" , it might implicate him as an accomplice to the crime because it would be a different story than what he told the police that night.  He'll never tell the truth to save his own ass.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 05:49:21 PM »
Im sure he has more to tell, but he's not to blame (outside of being an enabler to someone who probably didn't need much enabling in the first place).  I mean his story was they were at the mall, which is pretty easy to prove.  The only blame he was trying to escape was for possession.

Who kows if he has much more to tell other than stories of him and Scott partying together.
But I'd imagine anything he hasn't told is just so he can try and save face and not look like more of a dirtbag.  AND/OR maybe to just try and not make, his best friend, Scott's death look any uglier.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18