June 17, 2024, 06:08:59 PM

Author Topic: Fare Thee Well video!  (Read 1897 times)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Fare Thee Well video!
« on: January 16, 2020, 04:48:12 PM »
This is a beautiful video and captures the spirit of the song perfectly. In my opinion, it's their best video since Sour Girl and one of their best ever.

https://youtu.be/CMn-YfBv-ws

(Sorry if this has been posted already. I just followed the link for the listening party, but the video has been up on YouTube since 1/8.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:53:46 PM by EyesOfDisarray »

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
Re: Fare Thee Well video!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 06:43:08 PM »
Wow. Great video. Jeff looks a little like Richard Patrick and Vinnie from Sponge. I loved the part with Dean's solo. It reminded me of a music video by Aerosmith for some reason.

loungefly90

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 06:45:02 PM »
This is a beautiful video and captures the spirit of the song perfectly. In my opinion, it's their best video since Sour Girl and one of their best ever.

(Sorry if this has been posted already. I just followed the link for the listening party, but the video has been up on YouTube since 1/8.)

I'm curious where you're getting that this video has been up for about a week. I'm looking at the date and am seeing that it was just posted today, unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 07:17:41 PM »
Dean and Eric are supposedly doing a chat over at this link right now, but the link isn't working for me right now.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 07:20:06 PM »
Dean and Eric are supposedly doing a chat over at this link right now, but the link isn't working for me right now.

same for me

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 07:41:19 PM »

same for me

Eric must be running the chat then.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 08:14:42 PM »
Can someone copy/paste the chat log so we can read it later please?  I can't do it right now unfortunately.  Last time when Rob/Jeff did it the chat wasn't saved by the website.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 08:15:23 PM »
Nice seeing an old school video like that again. -thumb's up-
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 08:47:42 PM »
 Hello Robert and Jeff! Great to have a chat with you! Can we hope for the European tour this year? Do you have some plans regarding this topic?

Hi Alexsander. Sadly this is only a chat, wish we were able to have some tea with you over there in Europe. There are no plans right now but we would love to do so. - Dean

The singles released so far off the new album sound incredible. Having had the pleasure to meet you all in VA while on tour with Bush and The Cult was among the most rock and roll moments of my life

Thanks so much Sanderson, we enjoyed meeting you too. You can expect 8 more songs from this record! - Dean and Eric

Love the new songs, will you be playing a big chunk of the new album on this tour? Looking forward to the first show in Vancouver.

In order to get to songs from the rest of the catalogue, we will probably be doing 6 songs off the new record. - Dean

Thrilled to hear the slide guitar back in your music Dean. I’m curious if these will be strictly acoustic sets which I’ve long hoped y’all would consider. And are there any plans to possibly extend the tour. to cities who don’t have a date?

This tour will be roughly 4 weeks long, but we all have to get home and gear up for our Australian run in April. - Dean & Eric

Hey Dean! Were there any unconventional guitar tunings for this record? Hope to see you guys in Toronto!

Really mostly standard tuning... 3 Wishes is open G. There's another song on the record called "I Didn't Know The Time" that was just drop D. - Dean

Will you be reaching into the ShangriLa vault on this or any future tours? Such an underrated (and underplayed) album!

Absolutely! We will be doing a couple things off SLDD on this upcoming tour - Dean & Eric

What is your favorite song off Perdida and why?

Wow, that's tough. Each of us have two children and we love them both the same! - Dean & Eric

Dean saw you guys a bunch of times last few years..awesome!!!..what are some of the guitars are you guy bringing in tour next month?

Thank you. Several acoustics, a strat, and a telly - Dean

Hey guys! Greetings from your friend from Romania :) Fare Thee Well is so beautiful & soulful! Thanks for this song that touches hearts to their deepest corners, where lost & unknown yet loves hide. Hope to see you somewhere in Europe: Berlin again maybe

Thank you, thank you Diana. That means the world to us. For sure, see you next time in Berlin! - Dean & Eric

Hey Dean and Eric, it's Rik from Below Empty here. What's more interesting for the upcoming tour? Presenting hard-rocking songs from the 2018 album in a different format a la MTV Unplugged or revisiting older songs that you might not have played live?

Probably revisiting older songs that we haven't played live. The song choices are tailored for this tour. - Dean & Eric

Is there any chance to include in this tour 'The Art of Letting Go'? In my opinion, it fits best the Perdida setlist & I've always wanted to hear it live!

I think that's a great idea to do that song! We'll see if we can put that one together. - D&E

What was the last non-STP record you listened to?

The new Camp Howard record - Dean

Who directed the video for Fare the Well? Also, any chance of hearing Seven Caged Tigers on tour soon?

That would be Paul Brown. He did a fantastic job. As for SCT, you just never know! - D&E

Eric, what is the secret to being the most low key badass on the planet?

Ask my wife! - Eric

Eric, what kind of percussion instrumentation will we see on the upcoming acoustic tour?

A&F drums is building me an amazing set up. - Eric

Dean, you deserve serious props for your guitar solos on the recent two albums (songs such as "Art of Letting Go" & "Fare Thee Well"). Your lead has gone from great to even greater over the years. Thank you for putting heart into your solos!

Thank you very much for the kind words Justin, I appreciate that. - Dean

So would an unplugged version of 'Where the river goes' be possible?

Anything's possible my man, we'll just have to see. - D&E

Hey guys! Is there any chance we'll here "I got you" on this tour? That's always been one of my favorites of yours.

That could quite possibly be my favorite song we've done. Yes, we'd really love to pull that one out on this tour. - Dean

Btw keep throwing your sliders in the crowd, Dean. I still have mine from Graspop in Belgium last July and use it often!

Thanks Thomas, I will! - Dean

Can NOT get "Fare Thee Well" outta my head! Literally been on constant stream in my brain since the 1st time I heard it. lol

Thank you for the support, Shannon. - D&E

Any instrumental songs on Perdida? "I Once Sat At Your Table", perhaps?

Yes. - D&E

what's been the biggest "holy ****" moment with Jeff in writing songs so far? In a good way of course...

All we can say is, meeting Jeff was divine intervention. We'll leave it at that. - D&E

what's been the biggest "holy ****" moment with Jeff in writing songs so far? In a good way of course...

He brings a lot to the table. - D&E

Did you guys ever get to hang out or meet Neil Peart? Rest In Peace to such a legend

Unfortunately we never got to meet him in person, but most definitely one of our heroes. Nothing but love and respect for Neil - D&E

Any guest artists joining you on the Perdida tour?

The very talented Mr. Russ Irwin and Mr. Dave Eggar will both be joining us, as well as various string players in each city. - D&E

Have you guys ever rehearsed Where the River Goes, Only Dying or All in the Suite that you wear?!? To hear Jeff do those songs would blow the roof off the building!

No we haven't played any of those with Jeff yet, perhaps soon! - D&E

??? ??? ??

!!!!!!

Thank you for the support, Shannon. - D&E

Dean, you made Glen Campbell cry when you played the Wichita Lineman on guitar. He was so moved by your playing of his song, you made him cry. That says it all, man. What a blessing to have you guys continue on STP's beautiful legacy, thank you guys.

That didn't have much to do with me, but it was from everyone in the room that day and the kindred spirit that we were all immersed in. - Dean

how do you balance on these diehard STP fans that want the deep cuts vs. the casual concert goer that wants to hear the hits? Is that a difficult balance to strike when compiling a setlist?

It's usually over a game of spin the bottle. - Dean

If you guys could be a cover band of any other group/artists, who would you be covering? (and also what would be your funny band name)

We would be ABBA but we'd be called BLABBA

Are you going to more themed albums like one with a backing orchestra?

Yes, we are going for STP and the 97 guitar symphony next

If you could take only 1 of your albums (not counting Perdida) 10,000 yrs to the future for civilization to listen to, which one would you want to best represent STP? (i know they are all your babies, but this is not a "favorite" question.)

The complete boxset!

Hey everyone, unfortunately we've gotta get right back into rehearsals for the Perdida tour so our time is up now. As always, we love you all very much and look forward to seeing you real soon. Thank you for taking the time to chat today. - D&E

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:50:42 PM by Flyingmerpa »

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 08:50:12 PM »

Here's the chat with some formatting to make it easier to read:

Q: Hello Robert and Jeff! Great to have a chat with you! Can we hope for the European tour this year? Do you have some plans regarding this topic?
A: Hi Alexsander. Sadly this is only a chat, wish we were able to have some tea with you over there in Europe. There are no plans right now but we would love to do so. – Dean

Q: The singles released so far off the new album sound incredible. Having had the pleasure to meet you all in VA while on tour with Bush and The Cult was among the most rock and roll moments of my life
A: Thanks so much Sanderson, we enjoyed meeting you too. You can expect 8 more songs from this record! - Dean and Eric

Q: Love the new songs, will you be playing a big chunk of the new album on this tour? Looking forward to the first show in Vancouver.
A: In order to get to songs from the rest of the catalogue, we will probably be doing 6 songs off the new record. – Dean

Q: Thrilled to hear the slide guitar back in your music Dean. I’m curious if these will be strictly acoustic sets which I’ve long hoped y’all would consider. And are there any plans to possibly extend the tour. to cities who don’t have a date?
A: This tour will be roughly 4 weeks long, but we all have to get home and gear up for our Australian run in April. - Dean & Eric

Q: Hey Dean! Were there any unconventional guitar tunings for this record? Hope to see you guys in Toronto!
A; Really mostly standard tuning... 3 Wishes is open G. There's another song on the record called "I Didn't Know The Time" that was just drop D. – Dean

Q: Will you be reaching into the ShangriLa vault on this or any future tours? Such an underrated (and underplayed) album!
A: Absolutely! We will be doing a couple things off SLDD on this upcoming tour - Dean & Eric

Q: What is your favorite song off Perdida and why?
A: Wow, that's tough. Each of us have two children and we love them both the same! - Dean & Eric

Q: Dean saw you guys a bunch of times last few years..awesome!!!..what are some of the guitars are you guy bringing in tour next month?
A: Thank you. Several acoustics, a strat, and a telly – Dean

Q: Hey guys! Greetings from your friend from Romania :) Fare Thee Well is so beautiful & soulful! Thanks for this song that touches hearts to their deepest corners, where lost & unknown yet loves hide. Hope to see you somewhere in Europe: Berlin again maybe
A: Thank you, thank you Diana. That means the world to us. For sure, see you next time in Berlin! - Dean & Eric

Q: Hey Dean and Eric, it's Rik from Below Empty here. What's more interesting for the upcoming tour? Presenting hard-rocking songs from the 2018 album in a different format a la MTV Unplugged or revisiting older songs that you might not have played live?
A: Probably revisiting older songs that we haven't played live. The song choices are tailored for this tour. - Dean & Eric

Q: Is there any chance to include in this tour 'The Art of Letting Go'? In my opinion, it fits best the Perdida setlist & I've always wanted to hear it live!
A: I think that's a great idea to do that song! We'll see if we can put that one together. - D&E

Q: What was the last non-STP record you listened to?
A: The new Camp Howard record – Dean

Q: Who directed the video for Fare Thee Well? Also, any chance of hearing Seven Caged Tigers on tour soon?
A: That would be Paul Brown. He did a fantastic job. As for SCT, you just never know! - D&E

Q: Eric, what is the secret to being the most low key badass on the planet?
A: Ask my wife! – Eric

Q: Eric, what kind of percussion instrumentation will we see on the upcoming acoustic tour?
A: A&F drums is building me an amazing set up. – Eric
Q: Dean, you deserve serious props for your guitar solos on the recent two albums (songs such as "Art of Letting Go" & "Fare Thee Well"). Your lead has gone from great to even greater over the years. Thank you for putting heart into your solos!
A: Thank you very much for the kind words Justin, I appreciate that. – Dean

Q: So would an unplugged version of 'Where the river goes' be possible?
A: Anything's possible my man, we'll just have to see. - D&E

Q: Hey guys! Is there any chance we'll here "I got you" on this tour? That's always been one of my favorites of yours.
A: That could quite possibly be my favorite song we've done. Yes, we'd really love to pull that one out on this tour. – Dean

Q: Btw keep throwing your sliders in the crowd, Dean. I still have mine from Graspop in Belgium last July and use it often!
A: Thanks Thomas, I will! – Dean

Q: Any instrumental songs on Perdida? "I Once Sat At Your Table", perhaps?
A: Yes. - D&E

Q: what's been the biggest "holy ****" moment with Jeff in writing songs so far? In a good way of course...
A: All we can say is, meeting Jeff was divine intervention. We'll leave it at that. - D&E

Q: what's been the biggest "holy ****" moment with Jeff in writing songs so far? In a good way of course...
A: He brings a lot to the table. - D&E

Q: Did you guys ever get to hang out or meet Neil Peart? Rest In Peace to such a legend
A: Unfortunately we never got to meet him in person, but most definitely one of our heroes. Nothing but love and respect for Neil - D&E

Q: Any guest artists joining you on the Perdida tour?
A: The very talented Mr. Russ Irwin and Mr. Dave Eggar will both be joining us, as well as various string players in each city. - D&E

Q: Have you guys ever rehearsed Where the River Goes, Only Dying or All in the Suite that you wear?!? To hear Jeff do those songs would blow the roof off the building!
A: No we haven't played any of those with Jeff yet, perhaps soon! - D&E

Q: ??? ??? ??
A: !!!!!!

Q: Dean, you made Glen Campbell cry when you played the Wichita Lineman on guitar. He was so moved by your playing of his song, you made him cry. That says it all, man. What a blessing to have you guys continue on STP's beautiful legacy, thank you guys.
A: That didn't have much to do with me, but it was from everyone in the room that day and the kindred spirit that we were all immersed in. – Dean

Q: how do you balance on these diehard STP fans that want the deep cuts vs. the casual concert goer that wants to hear the hits? Is that a difficult balance to strike when compiling a setlist?
A: It's usually over a game of spin the bottle. – Dean

Q:If you guys could be a cover band of any other group/artists, who would you be covering? (and also what would be your funny band name)
A:We would be ABBA but we'd be called BLABBA

Q: Are you going to more themed albums like one with a backing orchestra?
A: Yes, we are going for STP and the 97 guitar symphony next

Q: If you could take only 1 of your albums (not counting Perdida) 10,000 yrs to the future for civilization to listen to, which one would you want to best represent STP? (i know they are all your babies, but this is not a "favorite" question.)
A: The complete boxset!
Hey everyone, unfortunately we've gotta get right back into rehearsals for the Perdida tour so our time is up now. As always, we love you all very much and look forward to seeing you real soon. Thank you for taking the time to chat today. - D&E

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 08:51:22 PM »
lol Blue, right on time! jinx!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 08:54:05 PM »
lol Blue, right on time! jinx!

Whoops! Didn't mean to step on your thunder there lol

loungefly90

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 09:17:10 PM »
Very nice. The answers seemed a bit rushed which is completely understandable. I'm really looking forward to checking out the setlist for these shows. I hope we get some nice recordings too. Thank you both for posting these

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 11:54:03 PM »

I'm curious where you're getting that this video has been up for about a week. I'm looking at the date and am seeing that it was just posted today, unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.

I could've sworn it said Jan 8, 2020 when I first viewed it earlier, but maybe I was seeing things, because it shows today's date now.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 12:19:35 AM »

I could've sworn it said Jan 8, 2020 when I first viewed it earlier, but maybe I was seeing things, because it shows today's date now.

The video was probably uploaded in advance but set to private so only the STP account could see it... Then this morning the switched it to public and you probably saw it before they had the upload date changed to reflect the "official" release date.