June 17, 2024, 06:37:18 PM

Author Topic: Song Meanings  (Read 1000 times)

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
Song Meanings
« on: January 27, 2020, 05:48:06 PM »
just a little fun discussion I wanted to try...

Are there STP songs you still wonder what the meaning or story is really about?

I always like to picture the story or images to the lyrics when I’m listening to music. The fun thing about music is how each listener can hear the same song and get different feelings or moods from it. I find that so cool

Is there still a song or two you have always kinda wondered about, but never brought it up before?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Song Meanings
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 09:30:21 PM »

I always like to picture the story or images to the lyrics when I’m listening to music. The fun thing about music is how each listener can hear the same song and get different feelings or moods from it. I find that so cool

Is there still a song or two you have always kinda wondered about, but never brought it up before?

I've always wondered what the exact story was behind Silvergun Superman. I know it's about a friend that stabbed Scott in the back somehow, but I've always wonder who or how.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
Re: Song Meanings
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 04:26:59 AM »

I've always wondered what the exact story was behind Silvergun Superman. I know it's about a friend that stabbed Scott in the back somehow, but I've always wonder who or how.

That’s a good one. I didn’t even realize that was the gist of the song, but it makes perfect sense.

I’ve always wondered about Glide. I mean, sure I hear what he’s saying and I feel certain things from the song... but I wonder what scott was thinking about putting those words together?