June 17, 2024, 01:05:33 AM

Author Topic: STP to play entire Core album live for July 31 webcast  (Read 13830 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP to play entire Core album live for July 31 webcast
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2020, 04:13:38 AM »
My only gripes were that is wasn't a true live stream, we didnt hear from Jeff, and the camera work was meh. Other than that....sounded PHENOMENAL!

I'm actually happy they pre-produced it. Live streams can go wrong in so many way, who knows if Rob's mic could have cut out, or the video cut out, or whatever. Much happier with a well produced PPV event.

I do wish they talked to Jeff at least once, maybe about hearing Core for the first time and how the music influenced him.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

nuraman00

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2020, 05:37:39 AM »
The sound was really good.  Even better than the album version.
So I'm a bit confused.  Was this a recording from 1992?
Also, who was doing the narrating?  Was it Dean, the whole time?
Bump?

Dean, Eric and Rob were alternating.
Thanks.

nuraman00

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2020, 05:38:42 AM »
My only gripes were that is wasn't a true live stream, we didnt hear from Jeff, and the camera work was meh. Other than that....sounded PHENOMENAL!

I'm actually happy they pre-produced it. Live streams can go wrong in so many way, who knows if Rob's mic could have cut out, or the video cut out, or whatever. Much happier with a well produced PPV event.

I do wish they talked to Jeff at least once, maybe about hearing Core for the first time and how the music influenced him.
That would have been cool.  Or maybe even how he approached doing the vocals for some of those songs.

nuraman00

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2020, 05:41:26 AM »
So am I the only one that was surprised to see Jeff with short brown hair?
As I said earlier, I thought he had long blond hair, so when the stream started, I thought this was a recording from 1992.
Seeing as this was my first time seeing Jeff live (as the show from February was cancelled), I was completely impressed.  That was one of the best sounding vocal performances among any concert I've seen, for the material that he had. 

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2020, 12:37:43 PM »
Saw the band in October, their last show of the tour, and they were amazing.

This was a great reflection of how they sound live.

There are always small things they could have done differently and some great future ideas are posted in this thread.

I hope they keep this going!!! On to Purple!

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2020, 02:33:31 PM »
Holy carp Where the River Goes is fantastic they should really incorporate it into future live shows.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2020, 02:36:51 PM »
Also is anyone uh...ripping the audio or video from this?  Its just avaliable till tomorrow and I would very much like to keep the audio.  Rik?

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2020, 03:40:57 PM »
As I said earlier, I thought he had long blond hair, so when the stream started, I thought this was a recording from 1992.
Seeing as this was my first time seeing Jeff live (as the show from February was cancelled), I was completely impressed.  That was one of the best sounding vocal performances among any concert I've seen, for the material that he had.
Don't know where you've been for the past 3 years, but you are probably only person here who didn't know what Jeff looked like.  Not sure why he would inherently have long blond hair either.  How did you think it was a recording from 1992 when they all look like middle aged dads in HD recording?!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2020, 05:25:31 PM »
My notes after the fact

Like I said, I'm happy it was pre-recorded and not actually live-streamed. This lowered chances of technical difficulties during the show, and meant we were able to have a perfect mix off the show right off the bat.

I really liked the cinematography. Obviously there are limitations to what you can do in a small room like that, but it worked out pretty darn well and was impressive to look at.

Obviously Jeff sounds fantastic. I kind of find it funny that people seem to keep being surprised at how good he is. He's been fantastic since they played their first show with him in 2017. How people are reacting to this is just how people reacted to the Sirius XM live stream back then.

Really happy to see Dean rocking the Les Paul Standard. His new custom guitar is cool and all, but there's just a sound to those 70s Les Pauls that screams STP.

Really REALLY happy they did Creep acoustically instead of acoustic/electric. It would be nice if they could find away to incorporate proper acoustic songs back into the setlist when they start touring again.

Naked Sunday and Where the River Goes. WOW. I could never get why they never played those after the Core tour, and always wondered if they maybe though they'd 'outgrown' them, but holy shit those songs sound better now than they did in 1993.

A little disappointed we didn't get Wet My Bed. I kinda get why, but at the very least they could have had Dean play a few bars of it as in intro to Crackerman or something.

I really hope they do Purple this way. That album has such a great flow, it would be amazing in this setting. It would be really cool if they could set up some lights to emulate the Purple tour light show, too.

They keep talking about how Core and Purple were mostly tracked live. They REALLY need to record their next album like this. Set up the live rig in a studio space, track everything live and have Jeff recording his vocals in an iso-booth.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

nuraman00

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2020, 05:57:53 PM »
Also is anyone uh...ripping the audio or video from this?  Its just avaliable till tomorrow and I would very much like to keep the audio.  Rik?
Yeah, I was disappointed that it was only available for 48 hours.  I thought for people that purchased it, it would always be available, just like buying a digital movie or song.

nuraman00

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2020, 06:06:25 PM »
Don't know where you've been for the past 3 years, but you are probably only person here who didn't know what Jeff looked like.  Not sure why he would inherently have long blond hair either.  How did you think it was a recording from 1992 when they all look like middle aged dads in HD recording?!

Ok, I think I know what my problem was.

When I saw the pictures of all 4 band members previously, I thought Jeff was the one on the left here:

Or the one with the white animal picture thing here:

I guess that was Dean both times.

Note, I am usually terrible with faces, even for bands I've seen multiple times.  And I have seen them live 3x (but not since 2012).

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2020, 06:55:34 PM »

Swing and a miss.

nuraman00

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2020, 08:11:31 PM »

Swing and a miss.
Who was it then in each of those pictures?

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2020, 08:48:00 PM »

Swing and a miss.
Who was it then in each of those pictures?

From left to right: Duff McKagan, Ray Liotta, H.R. Pufnstuf, Brad Garrett

Hope that helps!
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2020, 09:46:43 PM »
From left to right: Duff McKagan, Ray Liotta, H.R. Pufnstuf, Brad Garrett

That is not Ray Liotta, it’s definitely Neil Patrick Harris
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10