May 29, 2024, 03:38:12 AM

Author Topic: Tiny Music... Reissue?!  (Read 12906 times)

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Tiny Music... Reissue?!
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2021, 05:48:59 PM »
Kretz's Acoustic Song is absolutely phenomenal.  I wish that had become something more.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2021, 06:51:08 PM »
Kretz's Acoustic Song is absolutely phenomenal.  I wish that had become something more.

Absolutely agree. Honestly it works as an instrumental and would have made a great interlude on any of the albums. I guess it would have been one Instrumental too many for Tiny Music if they put it on there, and I guess they were more focused on new music for No. 4 and SLDD. Could have been right at home on Talk Show though

I'm still convinced they should a 'final' album with Scott by compiling the outtakes from the No. 4 and SLDD. Maybe if we're lucky enough to get reissues of those albums they can do a compilation disc with all the outtakes, including Kretz' Song and  Only Dying... At the very list us fans could put a playlist together
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 07:01:59 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2021, 05:09:12 PM »
So I caught a little mistake in the surprise Apple Music Dolby Atmos remix of the original album (not the remaster). In the first chorus of Seven Caged Tigers, Scott has always sung, “…Seven caged tigers fly by, fly by,” before starting the “wasting time chasing those cows that fly” verse.

In the new surround remix, it’s obvious now Scott said “fly by” three times, but the third time was cut out of the final mix. Not this time. It seems they’ve, accidentally, left in this third “fly by” (that’s a bit off pitch) that wasn’t there before.

I know these things are sometimes fixed and reuploaded (the new Eve 6 EP they accidentally uploaded the instrumental version of a song and fixed it quickly).

That said, this is an old record and a tiny, tiny mistake, so they may not. If they do fix it, I recorded myself listening to it through the Apple TV into my surround system: https://youtu.be/agpBPJcSKeY

Side note, Art School Girl and Adhesive sound really great in surround sound.

The bass line in the chorus of Adhesive between roughly 2:52 and 3:00 is completely different from the original album's release or the new 2021 remaster. Wonder if there are more things like this.

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2021, 07:30:53 AM »
So I caught a little mistake in the surprise Apple Music Dolby Atmos remix of the original album (not the remaster). In the first chorus of Seven Caged Tigers, Scott has always sung, “…Seven caged tigers fly by, fly by,” before starting the “wasting time chasing those cows that fly” verse.

In the new surround remix, it’s obvious now Scott said “fly by” three times, but the third time was cut out of the final mix. Not this time. It seems they’ve, accidentally, left in this third “fly by” (that’s a bit off pitch) that wasn’t there before.

I know these things are sometimes fixed and reuploaded (the new Eve 6 EP they accidentally uploaded the instrumental version of a song and fixed it quickly).

That said, this is an old record and a tiny, tiny mistake, so they may not. If they do fix it, I recorded myself listening to it through the Apple TV into my surround system: https://youtu.be/agpBPJcSKeY

The bass line in the chorus of Adhesive between roughly 2:52 and 3:00 is completely different from the original album's release or the new 2021 remaster. Wonder if there are more things like this.

Ok I thought I was going crazy when I heard Rob’s baseline during that part of Adhesive. That makes sense that it is in fact, not the baseline from the original. Interesting.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2021, 04:15:11 PM »

Interesting. I’ll have to check that out again when back from vacation.