June 17, 2024, 06:11:22 AM

Author Topic: Is Scott a little too "mouthy"??  (Read 11175 times)

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Is Scott a little too "mouthy"??
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 07:16:06 AM »
If Scott wishes to start verbal wars, let the man do just that. It makes for interesting "must-reads" on the forums. . . keeps us all talking about something STP related.
-Bill_

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 06:53:54 PM »
Quote from: "xguitarplayerxx"
i like scotts mouthyness
and the fact that he isnt afraid to tell the truth even tho it tends to get him into trouble

I think its what makes Scott, Scott.. And sometimes it's best to stand up for what you believe in, no matter what the concequences.
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2008, 07:49:49 AM »
I don't see Scott as "mouthy."  I see him as a "take no shit-assertive" kind of guy. 

Who do I consider "mouthy?"  Phil Asshomo...oops I meant Anselmo.  Correction, he's just a complete dick!:D
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2008, 08:50:54 AM »
I guess if scott were my roommate or coworker I might find him too mouthy, yeah.. but the guy's a fuckin' rockstar! it's great that he's kind of an asshole.. he's pretty funny too.. he has my blessing to go be outrageous and cocky all day long. weiland's a spectacle no matter what he's doing. love it.

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2008, 08:10:47 PM »
If we're talking about Scott being too mouthy in the situation with his split from VR, I have to say I think his exit from the group didn't make him look "mouthy" to me.  The GnR remnants in VR have had consistent problems with lead singers and verbal feuds that get played out in the media.  It feels like they provoke this kind of sparring. 

The members of VR were clearly trying to make Scott look like the problem, making him the "whipping boy."  I think it was more complicated than that, and I think Scott's response was restrained, especially compared to the exodus of previous singers they've worked with.  They were trying to vilify Scott, and their attempts deserved to be addressed in some way.
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2008, 08:24:40 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
I'm a fan of both. Obviously, I'm a die-hard STP fan and I'm a casual GNR fan. I own all the GNR, with Use Your Illusion I being my favorite.

Once again, we agree.  ;)  I'm with you on that one.

I think you're my long lost music soul brother.  :P

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2008, 08:55:30 PM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
Once again, we agree.  ;)  I'm with you on that one.

I think you're my long lost music soul brother.  :P

Thanks soul sister!
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2008, 09:43:41 AM »
Scott has been one to voice his opinions when he feels the need to. I am always interested in what he has to say, because he's not going around talking about EVERY topic... so if he's taken the time to talk about a topic, I wanna know what he's got on his mind.

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2008, 04:02:05 PM »
Couldn't have said it better myself.

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/megmeixner
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »
I am also interested in what he has to say. I think that fact that Scott is "mouthy" (as some would say even though I wouldn't describe it that way) is one of the things that I love about him. I find that if he does not say something interesting and just kinda says off the wall shit I think its comical and you can't help but smile :) It kinda lets us hear what he's thinking; I think that a lot of times he just speaks what is on his mind without necessarily thinking about it first. And who would not want to get into the head of someone who is as brilliant as Scott Weiland??
What is What and What Makes You Feel Good?

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2008, 05:58:10 AM »
I agree, hes so interesting as a person & has so many different ideas & takes on things that if it is not important, its down right entertaining & sometimes comical... I think he had more fun with the media though back in the early STP days... I have so old articles & you can see he's less gaurded back then. But still, the magazines get my money whenever theres a story his in.

lunacy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lunacy__
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2008, 08:42:34 PM »
i personally like how Scott dares to express his opinion.
for example, on scottweiland.com, the rant about Matt.
I kinda snickered a bit, but you know, he's a free person to express his feelings and opinions.
hell, i do the same on my own weblog, i don't care if the person i rant about reads it or not.
i guess he says things, without holding back, because he want people and his fans to know what he thinks. (this could be horribly wrong though..)
the media can portray celebrities as inhuman or even God-like. but afterall, they are just humans like you and me. but just because he's famous he shouldn't be held back from expressing his feelings and opinions.
but on the other hand, this is also maybe why a lot of people think he's a dick.