June 01, 2024, 01:09:14 AM

Author Topic: 2008-05-20 - Cleveland, OH - State Theatre  (Read 17364 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
2008-05-20 - Cleveland, OH - State Theatre
« on: April 08, 2008, 05:17:01 PM »
Who else is going to be here with me at this one?  And it's Mom's birthday, too - what a wonderful present!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:00:13 PM by Anonymous »
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: 2008-20-05 Cleveland, State Theatre
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »
That is an awesome present!
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 05:59:53 PM »
I will be making the trip from pittsburgh, for Rock on The Range and to this one at the state theatre!!!! Can't Wait!!!!
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
I will be making the trip from pittsburgh, for Rock on The Range and to this one at the state theatre!!!! Can't Wait!!!!

Woot! 

I wish there was a Pitts date on there - because I was hoping to see them in more than just Columbus, Cleveland, and Detroit.  That's alright.  There will be more dates.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 07:05:44 PM »
STPGurl: If we ever get a 20th month, should we call it Weiland? Sorry, had to f with you about having the day and month fixed up in "2008-20-05 Cleveland." Too bad this show is not on a stinking weekend....could visit family and see STP.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-05-20 - Cleveland, OH - State Theatre
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 11:45:57 PM »
Ya there will be more dates...I was looking at the website, does the place have seats or a standing room floor???
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 04:45:49 PM by Silvergun Picture Show »

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 07:13:51 PM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
STPGurl: If we ever get a 20th month, should we call it Weiland? Sorry, had to f with you about having the day and month fixed up in "2008-20-05 Cleveland." Too bad this show is not on a stinking weekend....could visit family and see STP.

Did I do it backwards and someone fixed it for me? 

I HAD it listed as 05-20-2008, but changed it before I made the post because of Rik and his back-ass-wards-Euro way of dating everything.  Must have fucked it up.  Haha. 

But seriously, if we DO get a 20th month, I think Weiland would be a great name for it.  =D

I already got tickets for the show through a friend in radio.  I have stellar seats and guest passes.  Woot!  Weiland is mine!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 07:24:56 PM by STPGurl »

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 07:59:34 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Did I do it backwards and someone fixed it for me? 

I already got tickets for the show through a friend in radio.  I have stellar seats and guest passes.  Woot!  Weiland is mine!

Yeah, it was backwards...No big deal.....just picking if you.

Congrats! Good to hear you did not have to wade through the pre-sale debacle.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 10:34:19 PM »
Where do i get tickets when they go on sale tom at 11??? Ticketmaster?? PSC's website???

-Thoman Jefferson

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 01:41:44 AM »
I think you can get tickets through the state theatre's website...or go to STP's site. :D

I'm going to this show to! A 15 hour greyhound ride...ya fun...but totally worth it I'm sure. Are there any plans for a pre show party or anything?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 05:07:44 PM »
Quote from: "wild_eyes"
I think you can get tickets through the state theatre's website...or go to STP's site. :D

I'm going to this show to! A 15 hour greyhound ride...ya fun...but totally worth it I'm sure. Are there any plans for a pre show party or anything?

Preparty for sure!  My new friend Silvergun Picture Show isn't old enough to booze - and I don't [usually] drink.  But, I'm going with five other people, two of which are going to most likely need to get wasted as all hell to make it through my screaching at Weiland. (Tony and my sister).

Which reminds me that I don't think I mentioned that my little sister is going.  And she's coming to RoTR, too.  lol.  She, apparently, is a really big fan of Staind.  When I told her we have backstage in Cleveland, she got all quiet and goes "Wait.  So I get to meet Scott?"  Hysterical.  She still listens to gangsta rap, by the way.

Anyway, back to the point - we will absolutely pre-party.  I'm just not sure where.  Since it appears that I'm the only Clevelander going to this show and everyone else is coming from out of town, it looks like I'm going to have to come up with something.  There's just not really anywhere that I'd be caught dead in anyplace near the theatre.  Cleveland kind of sucks.  =D

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 09:17:02 PM »
Yah I got my ticket situation taken care of!

I can't wait to see all you guys there

May 20th, 2008...A NITE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS =)

-Thoman Jefferson

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 07:47:28 PM »
I just remembered that you had to be 21 in the states to drink...I totally forgot about that. But I'm 23 so I'm safe :P So in total there's 6 of you gong STPgurl? How did you end up getting backstage tickets? I didn't think those were available. Me and a friend got the VIP package and I don't think there was any backstage thing.

I have nooo idea what Cleveland looks like so...I'm not much help. I've never been there before but it looks like a cool looking place. What's wrong with downtown? All I know is that we have a hotel near the venue and the greyhound is near then venue to. I'm sure there's someplace near there that would be good...have you ever been inside the State Theatre? I've been trying to figure out what kind of seats we have...we have Dress Circle row C...I'm not sure of the seat numbers though...we're trying to figure out if it's raised or not.

What was the problem with your tickets Silvergun? Do any of you know how long it usually takes to get your tickets and stuff in the mail? Keep in mind I'm from Canada so...it'll probably take longer

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 06:05:36 PM »
Wild Eyes - you have good seats - same section as me.  They are not upper level.  You can go here to see a map of the seating:

http://www.playhousesquare.com/PlanMyVi ... aspx?ID=35

There are a total of six of us, yes.  We were able to land backstage through a friend in radio here who got us tickets.  I've been to the State Theatre many, many times - it's not as large as the Palace Theatre, which is next door, but it's a nice place.  Actually, we just fixed that part of downtown up, so things look nice down there now.  Prior to that, the entire street had been torn up for almost two years - it was a real mess and horrible project to get to the theatre district.  Now we have nice new bus stations and sidewalks, etc.

The "hip" area of town, where everyone goes to party on the weekends and hang out, is absolutely nowhere near the theatre.  Our theatres are just off Cleveland State University's campus, and the only things around there are the school and some real shitty pizza joints.

Cleveland is a very, very small big city.  Not too many places to hide here. 

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »
O where are your seats? It's hard to tell from those seating maps. I've never been one for the "hip" area of town...I've always liked the parts of town that are considered dirty haha! I'm sure you'd have an idea where we could go...

I highly doubt Cleveland is small compared to where I have lived...I grew up in a town that has a population of      11, 549 and right now I'm living in a city of 157,857 people. So I think Cleveland is a bit larger then that :D

Did you get your tickets yet? How long does it usually take?