June 17, 2024, 12:32:27 PM

Author Topic: Purple Songbook  (Read 5078 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Purple Songbook
« on: August 17, 2009, 02:48:54 AM »
Hey all, I found this Purple guitar tab book online. It's looks legit, but kinda pricey.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had it and if so is it acurate and worth my money?
Grab the hate and drown it out...

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Purple Songbook
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 05:27:35 AM »
I don't have it, but I'd like to get my hands on it! That's for telling me about it.  :)

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:58:40 AM »
I own the first three album songbooks. Got them for about $20 a piece at a music store.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 05:26:59 AM »
Quote from: "STP92"
I don't have it, but I'd like to get my hands on it! That's for telling me about it.  :)

EDIT: I meant to say "thanks" not that's.

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 05:50:44 AM »
I too have STP'S first 3 song-books.  Purple and Tiny Music are better than Core.
Purple has glossy pages with lyrics and pix.  The pix are taken from the Purple album art.
I bought the Purple song-book for $20 back in 97 at a music store.  

If you're a collector of STP stuff like I am, these are a must have!

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 08:13:17 PM »
Quote from: "BrandoKommando"
I too have STP'S first 3 song-books.  Purple and Tiny Music are better than Core.
Purple has glossy pages with lyrics and pix.  The pix are taken from the Purple album art.

-Brandon

Are you talking about the "guitar tablature" edition? If so, how accurate are the tabs? I'm more interested in having a good base point to start learning the songs then I am about completing a collection

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 01:38:25 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"

-Brandon

Are you talking about the "guitar tablature" edition? If so, how accurate are the tabs? I'm more interested in having a good base point to start learning the songs then I am about completing a collection

Yeah, I have all 3 guitar tab books.  The tabs on Purple are better than the ones in the Core book.  Tiny Music and Purple are pretty in-depth, right down to the very last note on every one of Dean's solos.  They're well worth the money!

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 02:58:10 AM »

-Brandon

Yeah, I have all 3 guitar tab books.  The tabs on Purple are better than the ones in the Core book.  Tiny Music and Purple are pretty in-depth, right down to the very last note on every one of Dean's solos.  They're well worth the money!

-Brandon

Thanks man, I think I'll look into getting these ASAP

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 08:29:26 AM »
Hey all, I found this Purple guitar tab book online. It's looks legit, but kinda pricey.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had it and if so is it acurate and worth my money?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/STONE-TEMPLE-PILOTS- ... 20af25d455

just happened to be on ebay searching for StuffTP and came accross this tab book and remembered this post, so if you guys are interested...thar she be!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 07:03:29 PM »
I actually got the book for Christmas, so anyone else who wants it should go for it.

I'd hihgly recommend it. Though there are some differences between the book and how Dean plays it live, the book is great because it's really close (closer than most internet tabs I've seen) and it breaks down every single guitar layer in the album.

It also contains all the vocal's in sheet music form to sight read if you are a singer.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 10:01:51 PM »
Do they still make these books for more recent albums? I remember when these were in the rage back in the day, but I havn't been to a music store in ages.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 10:24:51 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Do they still make these books for more recent albums? I remember when these were in the rage back in the day, but I havn't been to a music store in ages.

No. I've looked everywhere, but from my understanding they only printed Core, Purple and Tiny Music. And those three are out of print now :-/

Divider

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 10:03:38 AM »
I never trust guitar tabs, although they may be correct sometimes.. I suggest you to show it to a guitarist so he can compare it to what Dean plays in the studio and live

bluesuedeiztrad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 02:10:46 AM »
I'd love to get my hands on a copy. Purple is and has always been my fav STP album.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 02:52:16 AM »

Well if it's from a site like say Amazon I'd say it's a lot more likely to be legit. The closest I've ever seen if finding them in torrents and other P2P programs. If at Amazon, there should be a section with reviews.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...