June 16, 2024, 05:48:33 AM

Author Topic: KROQ to premiere new album  (Read 16748 times)

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: KROQ to premiere new album
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2010, 03:58:37 AM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
There not bad just getting into them though.

Bro, you need to give the new STP week some time before you flip out on it.  Its a grower, you have to give it time. 8)

There are 4 songs i like. i am sure i will love them by week's end. But some of the others i just don't feel will ever reach me. I felt the same about half of SLDD and 1/3 of No.4.

So it's all good. I am happy to have some new STP to dig on. I am just waiting for that epic album where stupid radio DJs have to turn off the Godsmack and Nickelback for awhile and admit STP is kicking their ass. I am not quite sure this is the album that is going to do that.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2010, 04:05:34 AM »
Core is my favorite album, because it really turned me on to STP. And I love all their other stuff just as much.  The only album that I really don't like is Thank You because I would of put some different tunes on there.  Just because someone prefers Core does not make them an untrue fan.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2010, 04:10:17 AM »
Quote from: "DeadAndNotForSale"
Core is my favorite album, because it really turned me on to STP. And I love all their other stuff just as much.  The only album that I really don't like is Thank You because I would of put some different tunes on there.  Just because someone prefers Core does not make them an untrue fan.

I just mean when it comes to music fans, i would trust the opinion of someone who picked "Adhesive" as their favorite song over someone who chose "Dead and Bloated"

Because the majority of STP's career, they have sounded nothing like Core.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2010, 04:12:26 AM »
First Kiss on Mars and interview http://kroq.radio.com/tag/kroq-world-premiere/

To stay on topic  ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2010, 04:25:18 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"

To stay on topic  ;)

We're on topic. We're talking about the new album right?

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2010, 04:54:50 AM »
Cinnamon just might be my favorite track I've heard so far. That's it...I'm not listening to anymore until Tuesday!

jermthefan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2010, 08:55:58 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"

To stay on topic  ;)
The laugh that Scott has at the end of the interview is priceless. I am so happy right now. During the whole interview Scott looked and sounded better than I can remember in a long, long time. I haven't ever seen him laugh the way he does at the end of this interview. He actually seems VERY happy. I hope these guys stay together for another 10 years or more. I really believe they are extremely good for Scott. I really am happy for them. They all look like they truly enjoy being around each other again.

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »
Quote from: "Six7Six7"
Listening to the whole album right now.

thoughts:

1. Scott's hooks are WAAAAAY repetitive. repeating the same line over and over again is ok every once in a while, but not on EVERY DAMN SONG. 8 songs deep and not a single song has gone by that doesn't have some major repetition going on.

2. Yes Scott, Drugs and Mary. Got it. Got it about 14 years ago in fact. Can we move on now? Maybe a nice trip outside of LA for something other than music would be a good idea. Ask yourself this next time: "is this song about Drugs, Mary, my kids, Courtney Love, or Rock n Roll?".....if so, don't record it.

3. Whoever mixed this apparently did not get the memo that STP is not a pop band. It's polished to a high gloss. Where's the dirty tones?

4. Why is every damn song 3 minutes long? Hey STP, remember when you guys wrote long experimental songs with lots of tempo changes? Why has it all been downhill since Days of the Week? No one even liked that song. We don't need 20 more.

5. Scott, i am blaming you for this one. The music is solid. It just wasn't mixed well and you crapped it up with your treading-previous-ground-again lyrics and lame repetitive hooks.

I was excited for the album. i love the band. i was so happy to hear they were coming back. But.... seriously what is this? Where is Atlanta? Where is Silvergun Superman? where's Trippin' on a Hole... ? Where is anything that resembles something they did that didn't sound like Days of the Week?

Blah. See you next round i guess.

I respect your opinion.  I had some of these exact thoughts myself.  While I recognize that they are always evolving, changing their sound, etc., I think you've made a few valid points here.

I'm not going to jump down your throat just because you're not a huge fan of the record.  I like the record simply because it's STP.  Not sure if I would like this album if it was by another band.  If anyone gets my drift there, your favorite artists tend to suck you into anything they produce.

Having said that, I'll always close out an unfavorable post by reiterating my love for this band, and my continued enjoyment for their existence.  It's simply a pleasure that they're still making music.
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

DadaelusJones

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »
Quote from: "Six7Six7"

thoughts:

1. Scott's hooks are WAAAAAY repetitive. repeating the same line over and over again is ok every once in a while, but not on EVERY DAMN SONG. 8 songs deep and not a single song has gone by that doesn't have some major repetition going on.

2. Yes Scott, Drugs and Mary. Got it. Got it about 14 years ago in fact. Can we move on now? Maybe a nice trip outside of LA for something other than music would be a good idea. Ask yourself this next time: "is this song about Drugs, Mary, my kids, Courtney Love, or Rock n Roll?".....if so, don't record it.

3. Whoever mixed this apparently did not get the memo that STP is not a pop band. It's polished to a high gloss. Where's the dirty tones?

4. Why is every damn song 3 minutes long? Hey STP, remember when you guys wrote long experimental songs with lots of tempo changes? Why has it all been downhill since Days of the Week? No one even liked that song. We don't need 20 more.

5. Scott, i am blaming you for this one. The music is solid. It just wasn't mixed well and you crapped it up with your treading-previous-ground-again lyrics and lame repetitive hooks.

I was excited for the album. i love the band. i was so happy to hear they were coming back. But.... seriously what is this? Where is Atlanta? Where is Silvergun Superman? where's Trippin' on a Hole... ? Where is anything that resembles something they did that didn't sound like Days of the Week?

I feel ya on the Scott/repetition thing -- I cringe a bit every time I hear him repeat lyrics or motifs (especially the love thing) -- but on the flipside, Scott seems to write lyrics according to the "sounds" or tones he wants for the melody and more often than not the melody hits on this album, so he gets a pass. Although I fucking hate Bagman and HD and those are completely on him.

timryanokane

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2010, 08:45:03 PM »
Quote from: Six7Six7

thoughts:

I mean...  You still have the old records.  They're right there to get all those songs you mentioned.  Now we have something different to listen to.  When we get sick of it, we go old.  When sick of that, we go new...

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2012, 07:51:55 PM »
so sad this state of STP, bots have taken over the BE forums. Its a complete takeover. Please Scott, Dean, Rob and Eric its time to record another epic album, bring the real fans back!