June 16, 2024, 04:44:03 AM

Author Topic: "Cinnamon" Music Video Info  (Read 34545 times)

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: "Cinnamon" Music Video Info
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 08:45:28 PM »
Yes, it was Tripping. Down was also a makeshift video because Scott wasn't around.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 01:00:26 AM »
Dont get the hate of Cinnamon being released by some ... its one tune on the album.  If STP had an album full of Cinnamons Id get why people would think this will hurt STP or whatever some believe, exact same thing happened with No.4 and SourGirl.

Like someone said, STPs new shit isnt relevant, at least to radio who'd rather play tunes from the first three.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 01:18:18 AM »
How can releasing this song hurt. They just tried the hard rocker and it failed. There isn't much else left to do.

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 03:41:58 AM »
How can releasing this song hurt. They just tried the hard rocker and it failed. There isn't much else left to do.

I don't think the song failed. I think the band's management has failed once again to make this band relevant again. No wonder they wanted out from Atlantic.

They did nothing to promote the song at all. No late night appearances, no live performances, no music video.

This probably means they are going to focus all energy on Cinnamon. If that performs really good, maybe they can go to Fast as I Can as the 4th single.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 03:52:56 AM »
Yeah, after cinnamon the next single should be : Fast as i can, hucklebrry crumble, hazy daze :)
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 06:47:58 AM »
I'm ready...it's been awhile now for BTL, time for a new video. :D
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 05:44:03 AM »
It's quite possibly the worst song I've ever heard from the band (and I hate dissing the band)... But, why they chose THIS to be the next single over power tracks such as "Huckleberry Crumble," "Hickory Dichotomy," or "Peacoat" is completely ridiculous. Oh well... It is what it is...
-Bill_

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 07:33:31 AM »
I can totally see a hit in Fast As I Can, given it gets the effin promotion. Then a video with fast cars and Scott running away from something with heels six feet tall.
I had the midwife naked and alone

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »
a video with fast cars and Scott running away from something with heels six feet tall.

The Bad Girls?
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 10:47:45 PM »
I can totally see a hit in Fast As I Can, given it gets the effin promotion. Then a video with fast cars and Scott running away from something with heels six feet tall.
Haha yes! That would be great. If Fast As I Can is never released as a single I'm going to be so disappointed. It would be a huge missed opportunity for the band
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 12:06:58 AM »
Haha yes! That would be great. If Fast As I Can is never released as a single I'm going to be so disappointed. It would be a huge missed opportunity for the band

If Cinnamon doesn't do well, you can kiss the FAIC pipe dream goodbye.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 12:51:07 AM »
Do we for sure know that Cinnamon will hit pop radio?  The reason I ask is because it would be an epic failure if just released to rock stations.  Will Atlantic try to swing it over to pop radio?
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 01:24:57 AM »
Do we for sure know that Cinnamon will hit pop radio?  The reason I ask is because it would be an epic failure if just released to rock stations.  Will Atlantic try to swing it over to pop radio?

I agree. I actually think Cinnamon is gonna be a hard sell on any platform. I had doubts that they were gonna release this song as a single, but I guess it is the song most likely to get the biggest reaction (good or bad) at this point.

Personally, I will be very surprised if this song gains any new fans. I do think it may lose them fans, however.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 01:44:48 AM »
I almost know that it will gain tons of fans.... only if it is played on pop radio.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 02:11:02 AM »
Days of the Week - lite.  Yikes.  This is a bad career move.  Burying it on an album is one thing.  Releasing it as a single.  What are they thinking??????  Why do they insist on playing the same songs from their catalogue every night. 

They need to tour this album if they want any traction.  They need to play 8-10 songs from this album every night so people can hear it and buy it.  If they are unwilling to support the album and play Wicked Garden every night, this album will never sell.