June 16, 2024, 03:52:26 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland feeling holiday spirit  (Read 13571 times)

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: Scott Weiland feeling holiday spirit
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2011, 09:29:17 AM »

Just noticed after posting this that Laura also posted it in the Scott Weiland - The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year [TrackList] thread.

This probably does deserve its own thread.

I don't know, guys--watching this makes me very sad.

Why do you say that, Laura? I haven't been able to watch it yet because videos are blocked here at the office...

Haha...things are so slow for me at work right now (you would've never guessed, right?  :P ).

Anyway, I watched this video several times.  To me, he seems sincere and happy--but something is very wrong.

I agree completely. To me, it seems like he speaks in gestures before he speaks in words. Trying to force out what he's trying to say. And he is in awe staring at his own Christmas tree :)
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2011, 04:52:30 AM »
Watching this, I feel happy and a little sad.  I certainly grew teary eyed at the end when Scott is talking about wishing peace to everyone for Christmas.  It is a feeling like he is truly and supremely humbled and coming from the heart...a heart that holds a great deal of regret and pain along with a certain desperate wistfulness for peace, love and joy to enter his own life.  I know how that feels and that is why I am touched by this video.  I can feel that he is trying SO HARD to hold on, look ahead and be hopeful...and a part of him probably IS hopeful, optimistic and feeling blessed...while another part of him is constantly fighting...Anyone who has lived with clinical depression will know what I am talking about.  Even when we are truly happy and having a good day, a good month, good year, etc, there will always be that darkness looming somewhere nearby just waiting for a moment of vulnerability.  Perhaps I am just being a sentimental gal, but that is the bittersweet vibe I get from this. 

Not sentimental at all, I think you are spot on.

Thank you, Pinkfah.  It's nice to know that I am not alone in my observations.   :)
Are you good and lubed up?

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »
Here's an extended version of the CNN interview - in writing.
I found it very interesting, so here it is, he talks more about his children, and Christmas, and his own childhood:

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-12-20/entertainment/showbiz_music_scott-weiland-christmas-album_1_christmas-tree-rocker-scott-weiland-christmas-song?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2011, 02:11:30 AM »
I too noticed a vacantness to Scott, he sounded lucid but I can sense that he is lost and alone but unwilling to tell anyone.  The way he has been looking recently is downright scary and there was a person's name came into my head when Scott mentioned about the peace on earth for xmas thing.

Poor love, no wonder he uses drink for escapism 8(
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 07:47:27 PM »

Just noticed after posting this that Laura also posted it in the Scott Weiland - The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year [TrackList] thread.

This probably does deserve its own thread.

I don't know, guys--watching this makes me very sad.

Why do you say that, Laura? I haven't been able to watch it yet because videos are blocked here at the office...

Haha...things are so slow for me at work right now (you would've never guessed, right?  :P ).

Anyway, I watched this video several times.  To me, he seems sincere and happy--but something is very wrong.

Yeah somethings been wrong since around 2008..... It looks like it happened sometime after STP started touring again....

I have a few theories:

1: Scott did have at least one seizure, in the last few years....maybe more, sometimes people never mentally or physically come back all the way from seizures.

2: He has said he is taking Bi-polar meds, starting around the same time that he started to go down hill..... he may also be on anti-seizure meds, maybe they are not a good combo, maybe he is abusing other meds as well and drinking, mixing any or all of the above would make anyone not seem like themselves.

3: Overdoses. Remember Tampa 2008? The show that never happened, I was told by the Tampa police chief that weiland had overdosed and was in a Hospital in Miami..... I don't think the Weiland camp really wants to address or admit to much of the above, but any or all of these things combined or alone, could be the issue.

My hope is that its the fact that he's mixing bi-polar meds and alcohol and maybe he needs a different med or something....

Anyway you look at it, bi-polar meds are supposed to make you have more mid-range emotions, not a bunch of highs or lows....thats how Scott seems to me, happy but in a sad medicated way, just kinda too sub-par to what he use to feel for all those years with not being on bi-polar meds and doing a lot of other things he found stimulating.....

Lets try to enjoy all the extra years we've had with Scott and hope somehow he can return to a place that seems more genuine and alive for him.....

One love,
-Chase

Akira

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2012, 08:38:55 PM »
Those are some good points but in my eyes his major problem is psychological.I think it all started around when his brother died and he divorced his wife.So he in a way is alone ,he probably is seeing his kids but is not the same for him.From there a mix with some meds including maybe anti depressants.There were times in my life when everything turns around 360 degrees and even without using any drugs i was a walking zombie.Most of the problems with people are psychological thus you have the Placebo effect.If you have a strong and healthy mind everything physically bad will be reduced to minimum.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:42:01 PM by Akira »